GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fox hunting simulator!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/09/02 at 20:00
Regular
Come on, here's a great opportunity for a games company to cash in on a new market! I mean, who wants to go round in muddy fields, hunting the little critters for real anyway? Just think, you could follow Time Crisis, and make it work with a light gun on the tv. I remember many years back, a basic game called Duck hunt - in which you just had to well, shoot ducks. Think it was a pc game, but not sure.
Tue 24/09/02 at 21:22
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Skarra wrote:
> Fox hunting is SICK! If the fox's are a problem, there are mors humane
> ways of coping with them, there's no need to let dogs tear them apart.
> I'm not a protester, but if it was me and a fox hunter alone,
> i'd want to rip them apart bit by bit.

So it's not okay for dogs to rip foxes apart but okay to rip fox hunter's apart....nice double standards !

The temptation to say "Tree Hugger" is just too much ! I'll resist..... I'd much rather see more human ways like shooting, except they'll need SAS marksmen or tank cannons to guarantee a one shot kill of a target that small and fast.......

Fox hunting isn't something new, it's been around for ages and it's only because the animal rights brigade needs a new flagship ot repace animal testing that it's even become an issue, most of those protesting don't have any idea about the economics of the countryside, basically Tree Huggers living in towns and cities !

~~Belldandy~~
Tue 24/09/02 at 19:56
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
>
>
> PC's didn't exist back then
>
> Are you going to tell me that the BBCs, Acorns, ZX Spectrums (not a
> console but a Personal Computer - as it says on the box), etc, didn't
> exist despite being popular in schools and such in the 80s?

Yea, he probably will.

Lets not get caught up on a branch here, PC’s in all their forms (BBC’s, Acorns’s, and IBM PC’s) do go back a long way – right back into the 1980’s. But that was a long time ago, and much time has passed. So much time, that anyone using a computer for the first time today would find it hard to believe that computers go back that far! People who are new to computing today would be shocked to find that early desktop pcs had very limited sound and vision, not to mention the lack of CD, DVD, etc.

As for fox hunting, the real thing is awful. We don’t need to hunt the fox for food, it’s just for the sport – and that’s not on in my book. We have banned many other similar things like hunting down badgers, and so on. We (and many other countries) have slapped protection orders on certain things like the Great White Shark, and countless others. In some parts the world they used to club the baby seals to death to make cloths from their skins. Today, we look back and nobody argues that protecting these animals was the right thing to do. At the time, I expect there were some people who wanted to stick with the old ways. Fox hunting is no different. A few years after the ban is brought in, it will all have been settled and nobody would want a return to the old ways.
Tue 24/09/02 at 19:25
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
If it were survival of the fittist, i'd have a sprint with one of those rich ponses. Then i'd win and they'd die, shame ain't it. NO!!!!!!
Tue 24/09/02 at 17:15
I know, but the fox hunters will just say, "It's a case of survival of the fittest - and fun along the way." Or something similar.
Tue 24/09/02 at 17:07
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Fox hunting is SICK! If the fox's are a problem, there are mors humane ways of coping with them, there's no need to let dogs tear them apart. If a game company did came out with a game, i'd brick there office window. I'm not a protester, but if it was me and a fox hunter alone, i'd want to rip them apart bit by bit, see how they like. If anyone reads this and calls me a Tree Hugging Hippy, no, i ain't, but i don't see the need to rip poor fox's apart.
Tue 24/09/02 at 14:41
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Dave RJR wrote:
> Very funny, Houndcam and foxcam.....

Well I was aiming for it to be sarcastic actually... the "lol" at the end was aimed at how predictable the media is.

~~Belldandy~~
Tue 24/09/02 at 12:42
Regular
"Remember me?"
Totoro wrote:
> Damn toffs.

Oh, ptchoff!
Tue 24/09/02 at 12:31
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
When I wrote some post about "gaming for the upper class" some time ago in Prime, along with Roger Moore's Virtual Croquet, Polo 2002, J.R Hartley's Virtual Fly Fishing and a few other daft ideas, I had one of the games being a fox hunting sim.

I had "Celebrity riders include the Marquis of Castlehaire, Viscount Eckersly and the 7th Earl of Sawbridgeworth."
The tagline of the game was “Virtual Fox Hunting, it’s not a privilege, it’s a right.”

Hopefully when/if they ban the vile "sport", they'll have to make a video game of it just so they can still experience it.

Damn toffs.
Tue 24/09/02 at 12:08
Regular
"Remember me?"
Edgy wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
>
>
>
> Are you going to tell me that the BBCs, Acorns, ZX Spectrums (not a
> console but a Personal Computer - as it says on the box), etc, didn't
> exist despite being popular in schools and such in the 80s?

Yea, he probably will.
Tue 24/09/02 at 11:53
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
>
>

Are you going to tell me that the BBCs, Acorns, ZX Spectrums (not a console but a Personal Computer - as it says on the box), etc, didn't exist despite being popular in schools and such in the 80s?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.