GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fox hunting simulator!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/09/02 at 20:00
Regular
Come on, here's a great opportunity for a games company to cash in on a new market! I mean, who wants to go round in muddy fields, hunting the little critters for real anyway? Just think, you could follow Time Crisis, and make it work with a light gun on the tv. I remember many years back, a basic game called Duck hunt - in which you just had to well, shoot ducks. Think it was a pc game, but not sure.
Thu 26/09/02 at 10:44
Regular
Jonman wrote:
> What about sport-fishing? Is that bad? Or is it OK because fish aren't
> fluffy and cute? And don't tell me that it's OK, 'cos they throw the
> fish back - you try impaling your mouth on a big hook, then having it
> ripped out of you while you're suffocating.
>
> There's so many double standards around this sort of thing.
>
> "Save the whale! Sod the tuna!"

Absolutely. Sport fishing is not right. Catching the fish then putting it back in the water is only slightly less problematic. The fish gets a sore throat for a start! - might cause permanent damage. The fish are sometimes out of water for a while. That's like us having no air to breath.
Thu 26/09/02 at 09:50
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
I mean Clay, sorry
Wed 25/09/02 at 19:26
Regular
"Festivus!"
what about me?
Wed 25/09/02 at 19:25
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Fine, don't hurt any animals of any kind ever again. That will sort a lot of trouble. Also, what did the poor old Clap Pigeons do to us?(Joke)
Wed 25/09/02 at 17:35
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
What about sport-fishing? Is that bad? Or is it OK because fish aren't fluffy and cute? And don't tell me that it's OK, 'cos they throw the fish back - you try impaling your mouth on a big hook, then having it ripped out of you while you're suffocating.

There's so many double standards around this sort of thing.

"Save the whale! Sod the tuna!"
Wed 25/09/02 at 17:26
Regular
And although the 4000 people going to London looked impresive (for fox hunting), there are many more people in the country who want it banned. Most people my age can't understand why people wan't to hunt the fox. If you have a problem with mice, rats, etc, a health inspector pays a visit and measures are taken in that area only to prevent it getting any worse.
Wed 25/09/02 at 17:22
Regular
No, no no, ban it now. If we agree it will be done some time anyway - why not now.

If there were no hunts going on, there would be no protesters creating trouble.

I would respect the PM more, if he made a point about setting a date for a ban and doing it without fail, instead of putting it of again and again.
Wed 25/09/02 at 17:18
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Belldandy wrote:

>So it's not okay for dogs to rip foxes apart but okay to rip fox >hunter's apart....nice double standards !

>The temptation to say "Tree Hugger" is just too much ! I'll resist..... >I'd much rather see more human ways like shooting, except they'll need >SAS marksmen or tank cannons to guarantee a one shot kill of a target >that small and fast.......

>Fox hunting isn't something new, it's been around for ages and it's only >because the animal rights brigade needs a new flagship ot repace animal >testing that it's even become an issue, most of those protesting don't >have any idea about the economics of the countryside, basically >Tree.Huggers living in towns and cities !

Murder, rape, assault and all crime have also been around for hundreds of years, are they ok by you. Also, my 'double standards' would show a hunter just how it feels to be ripped apart. SAS marksmen ain't needed, there are plenty of good shots out there, i'm sure Green Peace would front the cash for the cost. Plus, 'economics' of the countryside, i couldn't give a 2 $hit's about the 'economy' of the country side. All that the hunts do is murder Fox's, if you were being hunted by a load of hounds, then ripped apart limb from limb just so a load of rich cowardley ponses could feel big, you wouldn't be too happy with it would you?
Tue 24/09/02 at 22:32
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
few points to make-

scientists have shown fox hunting does nothing to control foxes

anti fox hunting protesters cause ALOT of trouble

personally, its been done for hundreds of years so why stop now, if the people enjoy it. I mean at least they are getting out and experiancing life and the countryside which is more than can be said for a large percentage of the population.

If we keep up like this foxes will have more rights than humans.

why not concentrate on human suffering instead of going on and on about the poor fox. I mean i dunno what stats are like but the amout of foxes a hunt kills is not huge, foxes can get away, infact its natural selection, the clever fast foxes get away while the dumb ones don't. Some day in the future they will stop hunting because at the first sign of horse and hounds the foxes will be off home and deep underground with the lil foxy shot guns pointed towards the entrance to their burrows... Well mabey not the shot guns.
Tue 24/09/02 at 22:17
Regular
"Festivus!"
DH WAS ON THE NES!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.