GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fox hunting simulator!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/09/02 at 20:00
Regular
Come on, here's a great opportunity for a games company to cash in on a new market! I mean, who wants to go round in muddy fields, hunting the little critters for real anyway? Just think, you could follow Time Crisis, and make it work with a light gun on the tv. I remember many years back, a basic game called Duck hunt - in which you just had to well, shoot ducks. Think it was a pc game, but not sure.
Mon 23/09/02 at 20:00
Regular
Come on, here's a great opportunity for a games company to cash in on a new market! I mean, who wants to go round in muddy fields, hunting the little critters for real anyway? Just think, you could follow Time Crisis, and make it work with a light gun on the tv. I remember many years back, a basic game called Duck hunt - in which you just had to well, shoot ducks. Think it was a pc game, but not sure.
Mon 23/09/02 at 20:03
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
As much as I would like to hunt fox's on my tv it's not my style ;D :D
Mon 23/09/02 at 20:04
"period drama"
Duck Hunt was on the NES. Those were the days.
Stupid friggin' dog "Woof woof" yeah, yeah, shut your mouth blummin' "woof woof" who the hell d'you think you are, eh.
And your snigger, idiot. Just because I missed. At least I can hold a gun, maggot face. Grrrr.

PC's didn't exist back then
Mon 23/09/02 at 21:39
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
This is a brilliant idea for making cash, but probably not for making a good game. A profitable formula would include;

*Houndcam - players can watch from point of view as it tears up photorealistic fox.
*Cyborg enhancements for your squad of dogs - night vision, thermal imaging, motion detectors, back mounted gattling cannons....the fox won't know what hit 'em.
*The Hunt can make money from every fox it kills, an use the money to buy new weapons, hidden weapons include stinger missile launcher and a red dot laser to blind foxes.
*Players get bonus points for finding and killing fox cubs, grenadesinto fox holes score double points.
*Players can choose to ignore hunting foxes and advance the in game time, then watch as the urban areas of the game become infested with foxes that kidnap babies and bite small children, players then control the hunt in the urban setting to wipe out the foxes !
*The final level sees the hunt attack en mass anti hunt protestors, placards meet shotguns, but the protestors have their special chants to stop the hunt, and the BBC...

With this lot in a game the Daily Mail and Express will give the game so much free advertising....."sick filth"

Lol :)

~~Belldandy~~
Tue 24/09/02 at 09:38
Regular
Very funny, Houndcam and foxcam.....
Tue 24/09/02 at 10:26
Regular
"Remember me?"
Could you shoot those protesters too? Bwahaahahahhaahahhahaaa!!! cough
Tue 24/09/02 at 11:53
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
>
>
> PC's didn't exist back then

Are you going to tell me that the BBCs, Acorns, ZX Spectrums (not a console but a Personal Computer - as it says on the box), etc, didn't exist despite being popular in schools and such in the 80s?
Tue 24/09/02 at 12:08
Regular
"Remember me?"
Edgy wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
>
>
> PC's didn't exist back then
>
> Are you going to tell me that the BBCs, Acorns, ZX Spectrums (not a
> console but a Personal Computer - as it says on the box), etc, didn't
> exist despite being popular in schools and such in the 80s?

Yea, he probably will.
Tue 24/09/02 at 12:31
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
When I wrote some post about "gaming for the upper class" some time ago in Prime, along with Roger Moore's Virtual Croquet, Polo 2002, J.R Hartley's Virtual Fly Fishing and a few other daft ideas, I had one of the games being a fox hunting sim.

I had "Celebrity riders include the Marquis of Castlehaire, Viscount Eckersly and the 7th Earl of Sawbridgeworth."
The tagline of the game was “Virtual Fox Hunting, it’s not a privilege, it’s a right.”

Hopefully when/if they ban the vile "sport", they'll have to make a video game of it just so they can still experience it.

Damn toffs.
Tue 24/09/02 at 12:42
Regular
"Remember me?"
Totoro wrote:
> Damn toffs.

Oh, ptchoff!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.