GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I will have Resident Evil 4 tomorrow"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 4'.
Sat 05/11/05 at 20:42
Regular
"Catch it!"
I'm so excited :D Looks like the best game for years. I will stay on it for ages. So who else is getitng this?
Tue 15/11/05 at 18:04
Regular
"..."
Ok, I admit that Resi Evil 4 as a "video game" is one of the best in ages, but is this why Resi Evil got so popular in the first place ? There were so many great horror games, but Resi Evil always was the best, at least for me. Remember when Resi Evil 2 came out and everybody kept saying that it was best game ever and everything ? Even if we neglect the story, Resi Evil 2 had this "edge", the kind of excitement that you get from a movie like "Aliens" (Monster chases/Elevators/Time limit before everything explodes...). Resi Evil isn't supposed to be just a game, it's a "Horror" game, and in my opinion Rsi Evil 4 lacked many of the thrilling horror elements..
Tue 15/11/05 at 17:01
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I know some people who were really really disappointed with the REsi 4 story as well. I think the problem is that the stories from the other games were more complex, but people have their rose tinted glasses on when they remember them.

I read through the entire backstory of the Resi series before 4 came out on GC, and I think the main draw is that the characters and storylines from the games all intertwine. Resi 4 is somewhat out of that, with only fleeting guest appearances from familiar characters, so I think people didn't get that sense of familiarity ith a series that often makes you enjoy films/games that technically aren't that great (like the newest Star Wars films for example).

Having not been so in love with the Resident Evil storyline from before (I really disliked the gameplay of the previous games), I found no such problems and enjoyed Resi 4 for what it was, and not what I wished it would have been.
Tue 15/11/05 at 15:43
"High polygon count"
Games don't need to have original stories to be great. If they did, the games industry would have died about 15-20 years ago, because - apart from a few exceptions - that's about when games stopped being truly original in every aspect.

To be honest, I don't see how anyone who likes the Resi series can not like Resi 4. It's the game Resi was always intended to be. At least until Resi 5.
Tue 15/11/05 at 13:37
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
After reading his opinions on Metal Gear he seems to be one who places importance on storyline.

Is a poor reason to hate a whole game though, unless it's an RPG in which case it's quite a good reason
Tue 15/11/05 at 13:36
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I know. All I'm saying is Homosh's apparant gripe at the game is quite frankly, crap.
Tue 15/11/05 at 13:35
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ermm admit what? I didn't realise i had said it was. Just saying there's quite a few games i'd have above Resi 4 over the past couple of years.
Tue 15/11/05 at 13:32
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It's absoloute gold.

The fact the ending is unoriginal is hardly a gripe at the game itself, admit it.
Tue 15/11/05 at 13:07
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Cycloon wrote:
> Despite the fact it is THE best game of the past few years?

To you maybe, it wouldn't be getting near the top of my favourite games over the past few years. Or homosh's by the look of it
Tue 15/11/05 at 12:59
Regular
"gsybe you!"
homosh wrote:
> I didn't like resi evil 4, I mean come on, for 9 years all Resi Evil
> games have had EXACTLY the same ending since Resi Evil 1. And the
> escaping part in the boat, I mean come on, didn't they play MGS3 ? Or
> even MGS1 ? even GTA games have had better escape scenes.

Hahahahahahaha

Despite the fact it is THE best game of the past few years?

It's simply sublime.
Sat 12/11/05 at 16:00
"& remove your pants"
I love the whole catle sequence. The monks are freaky, you can hear them from a mile off as they slowly come at you.Then they run..*Craps pants*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.