GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I will have Resident Evil 4 tomorrow"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 4'.
Sat 05/11/05 at 20:42
Regular
"Catch it!"
I'm so excited :D Looks like the best game for years. I will stay on it for ages. So who else is getitng this?
Fri 18/11/05 at 09:17
Regular
"..."
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Nope, people still would have criticised the endless, tedious codec
> conversations and the rubbish pansy main character regardless.

ummm.. no.Everybody kept comparing it to MGS1.

The Evil Dictator wrote:
> Homosh. I hate you.

Who doesn't ?
Thu 17/11/05 at 15:59
Regular
Homosh. I hate you.

You just make me so angry.
Thu 17/11/05 at 14:34
"period drama"
Nope, people still would have criticised the endless, tedious codec conversations and the rubbish pansy main character regardless.
Thu 17/11/05 at 11:37
Regular
"..."
Well, isn't that what happened when MGS2 was released ? It was better than MGS1 in every gameplay aspect, but yet everybody was disappointed because it didn't have a story as good as MGS1 or a character like Solid Snake, so people were actually going to like MGS2 more if it had been released under a different name.
Wed 16/11/05 at 23:19
"period drama"
wtf are you on about homosh?

I said it's stupid to pre-judge a game based on those which came before in a series, then feel let down because - despite being one the most frickin' awesome games of recent history - it didn't quite meet up to your standards?
You'd rate it higher if they released it under a different name?

No socio-political rants, if you please.
Wed 16/11/05 at 20:32
Regular
"gsybe you!"
homosh wrote:
I can do that, but then the video gaming industry will
> become nothing more than a tool for gamers to pass time, and another
> one on the list of the gazillion ways for investors to rob our money.

It is that now..... just some examples of it transcend the rubbish and are genuinely awesome, arguably 'cultural' events. Resi 4 simply being that because it was so damn good. If your argument holds, that we simply have to look at story as well as video game, then Pac Man was rubbish, Tetris wasn't that good, Goldeneye was too shallow in narrative, Civilisation had no point to it because it told no story, and Resident Evil 4 isn't as good as Resident Evil 1 because it didn't have a convoluted and 'interesting' story. Note a pattern of quality?
Wed 16/11/05 at 20:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
There was horror. There was gore, death, torture, evil, sadism, weird monster bugs, mutants, blood, guns, helpless female, gung-ho male, a good guy getting impaled on a huge insect leg thing, zombies, parasites and a helicopter piloted by MIIIIKEEEEE

How the hell was it not full of horror? :P
Tue 15/11/05 at 23:30
Regular
"..."
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> What a terrible way of looking at things.

What do you mean ? That people should look at video games just as video games ? I can do that, but then the video gaming industry will become nothing more than a tool for gamers to pass time, and another one on the list of the gazillion ways for investors to rob our money.
Tue 15/11/05 at 22:59
Regular
"Catch it!"
Resident Evil 5 looks great!
Tue 15/11/05 at 22:09
"period drama"
What a terrible way of looking at things.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.