GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm getting an X-Box but what are the pro's and cons's?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/09/02 at 19:58
Regular
Hey everyone! I've decided to get an X-box instead of a PS2 for a couple of reasons mainly that I don't have to buy memory cards for ages but I need to buy the DVD remote and I prefer thier games such as Buffy the vampire slayer and dead or alive. I want to know more about my fucher console though so could you all post the pro's and con's of the X-box here thanx :D
Sun 15/09/02 at 20:17
Regular
"accidental superher"
Pros: nice hardware, great price, great launch titles, many titles coming out about now

Cons: didn't release a single outstanding game since launch...i'm still waiting for one now actually...some find controller too big -i think it's fine but the triggers are too tight
Sun 15/09/02 at 19:23
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Buy ot from SR! SR are great! They gave me Mafia early. I'll never forget that. Buy everything from SR! They're great! YAY for SR!
Sun 15/09/02 at 19:13
Regular
I think at £160 the xbox is too much of a bargain to miss!
Sun 15/09/02 at 00:42
Regular
Pros:

-Something to put your GameCube on

Cons:

-It's not a GameCube

[Just kidding Microsofties ;)]
Sat 14/09/02 at 22:39
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Cubist wrote:
> Hey everyone! I've decided to get an X-box instead of a PS2 for a
> couple of reasons mainly that I don't have to buy memory cards for
> ages but I need to buy the DVD remote and I prefer thier games such as
> Buffy the vampire slayer and dead or alive. I want to know more about
> my fucher console though so could you all post the pro's and con's of
> the X-box here thanx :D

Ive been thinking about picking up an X-Box myself...

Though the other consoles do have a fine selection of advantages, I think MS's box'o'tricks s the one that most intreagues me... especially its future lineup

Though to be honest, I quite like the controller, not that I have gigantic hands, more I suspect its because they are full-sized adult-esq digits rather than the smaller appendages many of you younguns are sporting...

Having said that, both the PS2 and GC controllers feel fine to me too?
Sat 14/09/02 at 22:35
Regular
"wow"
Cubist wrote:
> **runs for the hills into a little shed to live of old jars of expired
> pickles until danger is gone**
sad, sad boy. anyway sweet dreams.
Sat 14/09/02 at 22:34
"For the horde!!!!"
i have never played on an Xbox so i don't know what it's like, come to think of it i havn't played a Gamecube ether lol. Of cource i will be soon :D
Sat 14/09/02 at 22:34
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
**runs for the hills into a little shed to live of old jars of expired pickles until danger is gone**
Sat 14/09/02 at 22:32
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Zhuge Liang wrote:
> -i cant help it, shy is me baby YEH!!
> and im only about 8/10 looks, but give a 10/10 BJ.

---

Are you trying to entice Cubist here?

Run Cubist, run!
Sat 14/09/02 at 22:32
Regular
"wow"
Cubist wrote:
> Zhuge Liang wrote:
> but give a 10/10
>
> kind of straying from the topic here into relms that i'd rather be
> left out of when involving you. no offence ;D

hum hum hum hum, ha ha ha ha , Ahhhhhhhhhhhh HA HA HA HA HA..... and so on and so forth, whatever.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.