GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Its OFFICIAL! Microsoft OWN RARE!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/09/02 at 18:41
Regular
Just got this news via email from IGN Subscription! The email said:

"Finally the news has arrived, Nintendo has officially sold its share of Rare to Microsoft for just short of $400 million. Last year, Nintendo had the opportunity to purchase the company, and refused. Rare put up the for sale sign and was looked at by both Microsoft and Activision. Microsoft won the bidding war, and Nintendo has cut its ties with Rare."

"Star Fox Adventures is still due out on September 23rd, but GBA titles like Sabre Wulf, Diddy Kong Pilot, Donkey Kong: Coconut Crackers, and Banjo Kazooie are still an unknown. We are assuming that at least 1 or 2 of these are already finished, and should be released by the end of the year, if not early next year."

"This announcement will be made official at Microsoft’s X02 Europe event in Seville, Spain on September 24th. Ironically, it's the day after Nintendo ships Rare’s one and only GameCube title yet no one picked up on anything."

"Although Nintendo doesn't comment on rumors or speculation by the media, we can tell you that Nintendo spoke to us and said that they have made the decision not to request Rare to make any further exclusive games for the Nintendo GameCube. Although we're proud of our joint efforts with Rare over the years and have enjoyed our relationship with them, in fiscal year 2001, Rare accounted for only 9.5% of total Nintendo software revenue worldwide. In fiscal year 2002, that number declined to 1.5%. Therefore, in evaluating our investments in developers, as well as the financial benefits to Nintendo over the years, we've decided it's in Nintendo's best interests to focus on diversifying our portfolio of developers and projects elsewhere away from Rare."

The email also spoke that Perfect Dark ZERO will be an XBOX exclusive and as previously discussed the main character will change but the game Rare have been working on for the GameCube will be enhanced using extra Xbox features but the level designs will be kept as planned.

Oh well just another few games to add to the list of 32 :) at least they won't be out this year which will give me chance to rob a few banks etc!

Is this the end of Nintendo as we know it? Will the rumours about this being Nintendo's last console be coming apperent sooner than we expected? All will be revealed soon!!
Wed 18/09/02 at 20:15
Regular
"Wanted"
Savatt78 wrote:
> Marty McFly travelled through time too - still a complete wimp. ;-))

LOL yup he was but he did take a beating and at least tried to fight back errrr i guess.
Wed 18/09/02 at 20:11
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Marty McFly travelled through time too - still a complete wimp. ;-))
Wed 18/09/02 at 15:20
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> See your going by what he uses in the cartoons - he doesn't use that
> in the games. At least I'm sticking to what Master Chief and Blinx
> use in the games. ;-))

Not sure about the cartoons, not seen Celebi in that.

I took it from the Pokédex (so it holds true to games! :-P)

Anyway, other topic now.
Wed 18/09/02 at 13:17
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
See your going by what he uses in the cartoons - he doesn't use that in the games. At least I'm sticking to what Master Chief and Blinx use in the games. ;-))

Anyway - yeah, we'll goto the other topic. Seeya later. ;-))
Wed 18/09/02 at 11:09
Regular
He can still travel through time though, making Blinx's attacks useless! :-P

Anyway, we'll take this to the other topic now...
Tue 17/09/02 at 22:54
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I got Celebi and found him pretty cack. ;-)) I actually prefered using the others.

And I've replied to your other bits in the other topic - I guess we should move this into just one topic rather than war over 2. ;-))
Tue 17/09/02 at 22:31
Regular
It took Celebi to deal with Blinx (Sega characters are much tougher than your average MS chimp), and Celebi wasn't trapped in a ball by a kid.

Nintendo produce him, and then distribute him VIA roadshows (or you get hiim through cheat cartrige!).

He can take Blinx!

It only takes Samus or Mario or the Pikmin, or Starfox etc...

To take out Master Cheif!

(I sort of over did it in the other topic! ;-D)
Tue 17/09/02 at 22:19
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Wow, so overall, for every character I bring from the X-Box, you need to bring an extra one from Nintendo. Kinda shows you have to try and win by numbers. ;-)

Bah its all cannon fodder for MC's trusty assault rifle. ;-)
Anyway - Celebi's little powers can't be all that great if some poxy kid can trap him in a ball. ;-))

So Blinx can just pause time while MC goes around casually blowing limbs off at leisure. ;-)
Tue 17/09/02 at 22:08
Regular
It wasn't 2 on one, it's whichever one I send out, they can take out Bungie's only hero.

But seeing as you're now bringing Sega characters in it (Blinx was designed by either a Sega employee, or Ex-Sega employee atleast, who was trained up by the Sonic Team)...

Celebi, I choose you!
Use forsight to see what Blinx is going to use and then hit him before he can pull it off (and Celebi can travel through time, still or not, anyway. So there! :-P)!

And there's 250 more where THAT came from! :-D
Tue 17/09/02 at 22:00
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Whats admitting defeat ? The fact that I think Samus is an old trollop compared to Master Chief ? :-|

Well seeing as we're doing a 2 on 1 fight here at the moment, I think I'll bring another X-Box character into it.
I'll go for Blinx - he pauses time, your stuck - game over. ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.