GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Retro Studios"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/09/02 at 17:20
Regular
If Rare lose the Perfect Dark license I will be delighted because it is a western game and there is only one other western developer (excluding Silicon Knights) and that is Retro Studios. It features some of the Rare guys who left the good old Rare and even Turok and Half Life workers. Metroid looks much better than anything Rare have ever created and really if Rare has gone for the ammount said then there is a way that will make this better than ever.

If Rare's money go into Retro Studios to make them as big as Rare than I will not give a crap about Rare anymore because Retro Studio's is far better and why?

Retro are smaller than Rare at the moment anyway but feature veterans of other companies including Acclaim, Rare and Capcom.

Retro WILL NOT GO MULTI-FORMAT!

Metroid is apparently the best console game in development at the moment and surley better than anything you'll ever play.

Retro has been dubbed America's Rare.

So if we lose Rare don't disspair we do still have Retro and if Nintendo do keep Perfect Dark etc... then Retro can make them instead and believe you me they will be just as good.
Sat 14/09/02 at 18:18
Regular
"Unretired"
Exactly so people here are getting upset for the wrong reasons, we should be happy... Rare have had there limelight and its time for Retro to kick in and show em' how its done....

Never doubt Nintendo for a second, they will do whats best to produce the best quality games on any console, even if it means breaking links with one of there popular first party developers who are just not selling like they used to....

Heil Retro!
Sat 14/09/02 at 18:15
Regular
Yep ^_^ A while ago Nintendo was offered the chance to buy out Rare in full. But because they had only accounted for about 7% of software sales, and then only 1.5% of software sales, Nintendo said no. instead they pumped all the money into Retro Studios and Silicon Knights. Who, together will release *more* Rare quality games every year than Rare do ^_^
Sat 14/09/02 at 17:58
Regular
"Unretired"
I heard that nintendo made retro quit tonnes of the projects/games and made them put all there efforts into metroid prime, and a couple of others.

Metroid primes gonna be huge!
Sat 14/09/02 at 17:34
Regular
Domaye wrote:
> Yeah I agree but wasn't
> "they won't go multiformat!"
> Said about rare a few years ago?

Yes but unlike Rare Nintendo own 100% of Retro they are a FIRST party developer.
Sat 14/09/02 at 17:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Indeed. Except they are yanks and the whole thing about Rare is not confirmed yet.

;)
Sat 14/09/02 at 17:23
Regular
"-_-"
Yeah I agree but wasn't
"they won't go multiformat!"
Said about rare a few years ago?
Sat 14/09/02 at 17:20
Regular
If Rare lose the Perfect Dark license I will be delighted because it is a western game and there is only one other western developer (excluding Silicon Knights) and that is Retro Studios. It features some of the Rare guys who left the good old Rare and even Turok and Half Life workers. Metroid looks much better than anything Rare have ever created and really if Rare has gone for the ammount said then there is a way that will make this better than ever.

If Rare's money go into Retro Studios to make them as big as Rare than I will not give a crap about Rare anymore because Retro Studio's is far better and why?

Retro are smaller than Rare at the moment anyway but feature veterans of other companies including Acclaim, Rare and Capcom.

Retro WILL NOT GO MULTI-FORMAT!

Metroid is apparently the best console game in development at the moment and surley better than anything you'll ever play.

Retro has been dubbed America's Rare.

So if we lose Rare don't disspair we do still have Retro and if Nintendo do keep Perfect Dark etc... then Retro can make them instead and believe you me they will be just as good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.