GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SAVE FARSCAPE!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/09/02 at 22:41
Regular
Help save Farscape:

Visit the site: http://www.farscapeworld.com/ helpfarscape.shtml#petition
Sign the petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/ campaigns/SAVE_FARSCAPE/

(Don`t forget those spaces)

Its possible that most of you don`t know about the cancellation of the sci-fi series Farscape, and its also possible that some of you have never heard of Farscape at all. In this case, I`ll fill you in on what is happening:

The Sci-fi channel decided to cancel Farscape season 5 (allowing only season 4 to run to completion). They blame a drop in ratings, and high production costs. I`ve read around, and from what I can see, this is all rubbish. The production costs are lower than series such as Buffy and Enterprise, whilst the tv ratings have been amongst the leaders on the Sci-fi channel (at around number 2). Whatever the reason, the show is in trouble, and there are petitions and threads all over the place trying to save it. If you have any interest in the show, or have ever seen an episode and found it in anyway interesting, then please head to one of the addresses above. To find out more, simply put "Farscape News" into google.

Thanks to anybody who goes to those sites and helps out!
Wed 12/03/03 at 18:44
Regular
"Sexy Mexican Worker"
dont like the show but signed the petition anyway - hope it works out for the farscape fans
Tue 11/03/03 at 19:59
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I signed the petition. Probably wont make a difference, but i made an effort anyway.
Tue 11/03/03 at 18:31
"period drama"
And then the stupid BBC woman who I blame all of this on (called Freeda most probably) goes

"A-ha, ACTUALLY that IS the end. Ka-bla-bla-bla. Go look on our crappy site for the details. Mwa-ha-ha"

She planned it all, obviously. Stupid biatch.
Mon 10/03/03 at 22:38
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Shooting for the last episode had finished when the series was cancelled. But editing wasn't, which was evident:
Clips from every episode.
John saying "And now, finally, on farscape..." at the end of the recap
The two main characters killed.
Silent credits at the end.

I could have cried. But then:
"To be continued..."

Fighting spirit!
Mon 10/03/03 at 20:44
"High polygon count"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Those stupid gits.

My thoughts exactly.

What an ending! One minute I was laughing at Rygel's comments about marriage, and the next... devastated.

I just hope they can at least get together funding for a movie to finish it off properly. An hour and a half filme won't be as detailed as another 22 episodes/18 hours of the final season, but it'll be better than nothing.

Damn those Yanks and their goldfish memories and 5-year-old-child attention spans - if not for them, Farscape would be completed.
Mon 10/03/03 at 20:07
"period drama"
This sucks big hairy man boobs.
What a great ending

And n.ow there's no more?
Nothing?

Crap. 'Twas the only sci-fi ting I ever liked.
Now it's gone.

Those stupid gits.
Mon 10/03/03 at 19:39
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
wow
what a way to go out (not going to say any spoilers incase anyones taped it and will watch it later)
Its sad that it will (unless something happens) be the last one.

I wonder what they had planned for a 5th season before it got cancelled.
Fri 27/09/02 at 10:34
Regular
Well thanks for signing it though anyway, every single signature counts! Also, season 4 has only just started, so there's still time to start watching again before it becomes to difficult to follow without seeing every episode.
Thu 26/09/02 at 13:00
Regular
Signed, don't watch it anymore though, don't know why.
I hang my head in shame.
Thu 26/09/02 at 11:57
Regular
Pop! Keep on scape savin`!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.