GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SAVE FARSCAPE!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/09/02 at 22:41
Regular
Help save Farscape:

Visit the site: http://www.farscapeworld.com/ helpfarscape.shtml#petition
Sign the petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/ campaigns/SAVE_FARSCAPE/

(Don`t forget those spaces)

Its possible that most of you don`t know about the cancellation of the sci-fi series Farscape, and its also possible that some of you have never heard of Farscape at all. In this case, I`ll fill you in on what is happening:

The Sci-fi channel decided to cancel Farscape season 5 (allowing only season 4 to run to completion). They blame a drop in ratings, and high production costs. I`ve read around, and from what I can see, this is all rubbish. The production costs are lower than series such as Buffy and Enterprise, whilst the tv ratings have been amongst the leaders on the Sci-fi channel (at around number 2). Whatever the reason, the show is in trouble, and there are petitions and threads all over the place trying to save it. If you have any interest in the show, or have ever seen an episode and found it in anyway interesting, then please head to one of the addresses above. To find out more, simply put "Farscape News" into google.

Thanks to anybody who goes to those sites and helps out!
Fri 13/09/02 at 22:41
Regular
Help save Farscape:

Visit the site: http://www.farscapeworld.com/ helpfarscape.shtml#petition
Sign the petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/ campaigns/SAVE_FARSCAPE/

(Don`t forget those spaces)

Its possible that most of you don`t know about the cancellation of the sci-fi series Farscape, and its also possible that some of you have never heard of Farscape at all. In this case, I`ll fill you in on what is happening:

The Sci-fi channel decided to cancel Farscape season 5 (allowing only season 4 to run to completion). They blame a drop in ratings, and high production costs. I`ve read around, and from what I can see, this is all rubbish. The production costs are lower than series such as Buffy and Enterprise, whilst the tv ratings have been amongst the leaders on the Sci-fi channel (at around number 2). Whatever the reason, the show is in trouble, and there are petitions and threads all over the place trying to save it. If you have any interest in the show, or have ever seen an episode and found it in anyway interesting, then please head to one of the addresses above. To find out more, simply put "Farscape News" into google.

Thanks to anybody who goes to those sites and helps out!
Sat 14/09/02 at 13:58
Simple.....no. Why? I don't like that show. I like different shows than Sci-fi.
Sat 14/09/02 at 14:04
Regular
"Max Power"
farscape is sooooooooo boring the boringist thing ever ! ! ! ! ! !
Sat 14/09/02 at 20:56
Regular
Well thanks for that. Anybody out there who wants to actually help? I know there are a lot of fans, and plenty that use this website - go on, it`ll only take a few minutes.
Sat 14/09/02 at 21:01
ssxpro wrote:
> Well thanks for that. Anybody out there who wants to actually help? I
> know there are a lot of fans, and plenty that use this website - go
> on, it`ll only take a few minutes.

Not worth saving. The Original Star trek was better and that was poo!
Sat 14/09/02 at 21:06
Regular
Thanks again for that. There are a lot of people who do like the show though, so just keep out of it if you don`t like it.
Sat 14/09/02 at 21:09
Yeah... i can see a lot of positive replies there! D'ya like Enterprise? Got into that. Didn't think it'd b any good but not 2 bad.
Sat 14/09/02 at 21:31
Regular
Enterprise is alright, probably better than a lot of other Star Trek series, but none of them have the same variety of Farscape. The writers just don`t take the risks (and no, thats not why the show got cancelled).
Sat 14/09/02 at 21:34
Why did it get cancelled? Didn't even miss it to tell u the truth.
Sat 14/09/02 at 21:40
Regular
It was supposedly due to a drop in ratings. Its a stupid reason though. The show was second in the ratings for a long time on Sci-fi, and if there was a drop at all, it was a) because there was a break between seasons 3 and 4, and b) because the channel deliberately kept switching the viewing times between 6 and 10, cutting the audiences themselves.

I haven`t read one valid reason yet, and think there must be something else behind it, but don`t know what. Hopefully though the show could be bought by other companies, as there are said to be talks going on already with other tv groups.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.