GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Riddle Challenge"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/09/06 at 23:58
Regular
A wonderful suggestion by the lovely Sleepy. The return of a thread full of riddles. Lets see how smart you all are. :D

Here, I'll post a few to get started, can you solve them? If you want, post your own. Remember, no cheating ;)

----

Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

A beggar's brother died, but the man who died had no brother. How could that be?

A word I know, six letters it contains, subtract one, and twelve remains. What am I?
Thu 14/09/06 at 19:26
Regular
"tut tut tsk tsk etc"
Chaos wrote:
> I think I was the only person to get this one right:
>
> You're in a place called "Bobby's World" and there is
> only one law. There is a mirror but no reflection. There is a
> pizza with cheese, but no meat. There is pepper, but no salt.
> There is a door, yet no entrance or exit.
>
> So what is the law in Booby's world?

Sods Law?
Thu 14/09/06 at 18:45
Regular
"Mooching around"
I think I was the only person to get this one right:

You're in a place called "Bobby's World" and there is only one law. There is a mirror but no reflection. There is a pizza with cheese, but no meat. There is pepper, but no salt. There is a door, yet no entrance or exit.

So what is the law in Booby's world?
Thu 14/09/06 at 18:42
Regular
Woo I got it right ^_^
Thu 14/09/06 at 18:41
Regular
"Mooching around"
I grow weary of this game.
Thu 14/09/06 at 18:39
Regular
Can I use two slices cutting them into quarters and the third slice to cut all 4 into 8 through the middle?
Thu 14/09/06 at 18:36
Regular
"Mooching around"
Curses!

OK, OK, if you solve this one you're a genius.

Smeldos, pb and I are getting you're party ready for when you finish this postathon. We decide to test your cleverness. You must cut a birthday cake into exactly eight pieces, but you're allowed to make three straight cuts, and you're not allowed to move pieces as you cut.

Can you do it?
Thu 14/09/06 at 18:30
Regular
eye don't think so :P
Thu 14/09/06 at 18:27
Regular
"Mooching around"
You're just saying that :-P
Thu 14/09/06 at 18:23
Regular
Okay now I know it :)
Thu 14/09/06 at 18:21
Regular
"Mooching around"
Heh heh, at least I've stumped someone!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.