GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Riddle Challenge"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/09/06 at 23:58
Regular
A wonderful suggestion by the lovely Sleepy. The return of a thread full of riddles. Lets see how smart you all are. :D

Here, I'll post a few to get started, can you solve them? If you want, post your own. Remember, no cheating ;)

----

Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

A beggar's brother died, but the man who died had no brother. How could that be?

A word I know, six letters it contains, subtract one, and twelve remains. What am I?
Wed 13/09/06 at 23:58
Regular
A wonderful suggestion by the lovely Sleepy. The return of a thread full of riddles. Lets see how smart you all are. :D

Here, I'll post a few to get started, can you solve them? If you want, post your own. Remember, no cheating ;)

----

Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

A beggar's brother died, but the man who died had no brother. How could that be?

A word I know, six letters it contains, subtract one, and twelve remains. What am I?
Thu 14/09/06 at 00:06
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Damn! I know the first one, worked the second one out but am stuck on the third one.
Thu 14/09/06 at 00:08
Regular
Come on Sleepy you can do it :D, I did get these from a kids riddle site afterall ;)

Don't suppose you have one for me do you?
Thu 14/09/06 at 00:12
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Nope, sorry, I don't have one for you and I really am going to bed (I posted in your other thread :D) so I'll not be up long enough for you to solve it.

I'll sleep on the third one of these.....
Thu 14/09/06 at 00:13
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Machie wrote:

> Can you name three consecutive days without using the
> words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or
> Sunday?

>
> A beggar's brother died, but the man who died had no brother.
> How could that be?
>
> A word I know, six letters it contains, subtract one, and
> twelve remains. What am I?

1. Yesterday, today, tomorrow.

2. Its a woman

3. Not got a clue.
Thu 14/09/06 at 00:13
Regular
heh okay perhaps later today then, don't stay up all night trying to crack it :) night
Thu 14/09/06 at 00:14
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Would have been better if there was a way to cover up those answers to people could still have a guess.

Struggling to think on your third one though.

Try this one:
What is so fragile even saying its name can break it?
Thu 14/09/06 at 00:15
Regular
Well done gr13ve :D

What 7 letter word becomes longer when the third letter is removed?
Thu 14/09/06 at 00:15
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I thought the 3rd one might be dozens, remove one letter and you get dozen, which is 12.
Thu 14/09/06 at 00:19
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Nice one - i hope that's right GP. I thought it had something to do with time! No wonder I was stuck.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.