GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why oh Why?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/09/02 at 17:00
Regular
Why oh why would I buy a GameCube over a PS2 or X-Box.

I have a Dreamcast but want to broaden my horizons but why buy a GameCube?

Please, someone, anyone explain to me why. I mean no DVD ability, less power, rubbish game line-up. I don't understand.

Will it go on-line, will it be expensive, will the on-line games line-up be any better than the PS2/X-Box.

Please, please, please, someone explain to me, I just don't understand. I mean it isn't any better than the Dreamcast which (sadly) is now resting in the console graveyard.

Someone, anyone, It's driving me mad.

The GameCube.

Why?
Tue 17/09/02 at 14:35
Regular
"Frag 1st, Think 2nd"
Yup, I will be a regular in these parts soon enough. GC heaevn awaits.

BB.
Mon 16/09/02 at 22:03
Regular
Good choice BigBob. I take it we'll be seeing more of you in the Ninty forum once you get your GameCube?
Mon 16/09/02 at 09:08
Regular
"Frag 1st, Think 2nd"
Firstly,

Parr: read the whole thread and not just the snippets. I LIKE THE GAMECUBE, I AM JUST ABOUT PURCHASE ONE.

Secondly,

Maverick 42: Thank you for the in depth information that you have provided. I can now smile broadly when I show the games list to my X-Box owning friends.

I do beleive that the GC will come out on top. The GC seeems to have the correct balance between looks and gameplay which ultimately is what should drive us to purchase games.

All consoles have their merits it's just that some have more than others.

Keep gaming, it keeps you sane.

Bob.
Sun 15/09/02 at 20:27
"Mimmargh!"
Will_madman wrote:
> the ps2 has sold more console than gamecube

I rarely reply to console wars topics.
But not only do you have very poor grammar, but you don't seem to realise that the PS2 has had at least a year to sell before the 'Cube or X-box were even released.

Now bow your head in shame.
Sun 15/09/02 at 18:57
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Well the recent Playstation 2 games this week have left a lot to be desired - Tekken 4 being the none event of the year after a two plus year wait, and Conflict Desert Storm suffering from slowdown and a questionable difficulty level..... Still very good console though (I've got one next to my Gamecube :) ) but I can't help feeling that Tekken 4 and Conflict could both have done with a bit more time taken on them.

Oh, having played Turok on PS2 the game needs about another year of development, at the moment it's kinda like Turok 3 all over again......still if you like Turok games then I guess it's okay, but Timespitters 2 would be a much better buy when it's out on the 11th.

~~Belldandy~~
Sun 15/09/02 at 17:59
Regular
Yeah, I've noticed a lot of people are slating the PS2's games recently with no reason.
Sun 15/09/02 at 17:46
"For the horde!!!!"
there is nothing wrong with the PS2, anyone who says otherwise is a fanboy
Sun 15/09/02 at 17:23
Regular
"bit of a brain"
"rubbish game line up"

Ho hum.
Sun 15/09/02 at 17:20
Regular
"^_^"
Oi Big Bob just go away and play bum you PS2 or XBOX and leave us clever mature people alone
Sat 14/09/02 at 23:59
Regular
Will_madman wrote:
> maybe so but the playstation uses it more efficently

Uses what more efficently? It's 'power'? Name me one game that is graphically better than Resident Evil.

> rubbish game line-up.
> no acctually

I glad to see you feel that way, as that comment was originally directed at the GameCube.

> Will it go on-line,will it be expensive.
> if you call £140 expensive

It'll be much cheaper than the PS2 and X-Box, at any rate.

> the ps2 has sold more console than gamecube

Maybe the two year head start had something to do with it?

> the only reason the gamecube has more games is because they make the
> games quicker but not as good and the ps2 spend more time on them to
> perfect them not that im saying there perfect.

So they perfect GameCube versions, but PS2 versions are still better? I fail to see any logic in your theory.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.