GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How crap"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/11/05 at 09:26
Regular
US of A get a whopping 1 million Xbox 360 units for launch day.

What does the UK get? 50,000

See the link for how that compares to PSP, DS and Gamecube UK launch figures.

Going to be a lot of disappointed faces on December 2nd.

[URL]http://www.oxm.co.uk/articles/news/hardware/50,000_xbox_360s_for_the_uk[/URL]
Thu 10/11/05 at 13:42
Regular
I remember that. Good times.

Can't remember what games I chose, or what there was to choose from in fact.

EDIT - I remember one now, the utterly God-awful Azurik: Rise of Perathia (had to check IGN to get the full name)
Thu 10/11/05 at 13:40
Regular
I dunno about that. They were pretty good when the first Xbox dropped 100 about 3 months after launch. Everyone who had bought at the launch price got two free games and a free pad.
Thu 10/11/05 at 13:38
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Microsoft don't seem to be looking after their international customers do they. They don't even respond to e-mails if you aren't from US (personal experience - they may do, but they didn't for me)
Thu 10/11/05 at 13:34
Regular
Just like me Microsoft have managed to completly forget about you guys.

Anyway, you're all probably too busy sleeping with your sisters to notice.

:D
Thu 10/11/05 at 13:20
Regular
"Arf. Arf. Arf. Arf."
What about Wales?

Not getting any 360's are we?
Thu 10/11/05 at 13:07
Regular
I should think half of that total will go to England, and the rest will be split up between Northern Island and Scotland.

Wonder if the Republic of Ireland will get their own quota...maybe 3?
Thu 10/11/05 at 12:05
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Probably is. Hope so anyway ! Don't want core systems taking up numbers of our spit size total. ;-)
Thu 10/11/05 at 11:57
Regular
The Gamestation in Halifax now have a sign up in thr window saying they can still fulfil Core preorders.

I wonder if this figure is in fact for Premium packs only...
Thu 10/11/05 at 11:53
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Comparison wise thats not so bad - when you consider the amount of states in the U.S and the size of them. Overall they'll be struggling as much as us to buy one.

Of course 50,000 sucks though. I'm pretty confident I should get one though. No doubt the main game retailers will be sorted out first and if you're in the top 10 of that shops list, then you should be ok.

Touch wood !
Thu 10/11/05 at 09:26
Regular
US of A get a whopping 1 million Xbox 360 units for launch day.

What does the UK get? 50,000

See the link for how that compares to PSP, DS and Gamecube UK launch figures.

Going to be a lot of disappointed faces on December 2nd.

[URL]http://www.oxm.co.uk/articles/news/hardware/50,000_xbox_360s_for_the_uk[/URL]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.