GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Timesplitters 2 Demo"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/09/02 at 09:36
Regular
Played it last night - enjoyed it and thought yep this is a good game, buy it when it comes out etc etc but just one thing.

Anybody else noticed the similarities to Goldeneye ?

Crikeys - the location is the same, the weapons, the textures, the sounds and the gameplay.

I know that people have long said that Goldeneye is one of the best all time games and I agree and I am sure once we get into the full game the locations etc will change - and hey - it's even got monkeys in it !

I suppose what I am saying is that I was expecting TS2 to be moving forward but based on the demo it is a slightly better looking version of a game which is what - 4/5 years old.
Sun 15/09/02 at 15:48
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Help i'm stuck on this demo level.

I can't get anywhere, i've just got to the digging site and it said 1 objective done, but i'm now stuck. The thing i need is behind some red bars that i can't get past. please halp me.
Sun 15/09/02 at 13:03
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
There's always Timesplitters 3.
Sat 14/09/02 at 21:44
Regular
"Plotting Your Demis"
THIS GAME IS THE GAME OF THE YEAR, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT (it did get a 10 after all in the OPS2M)

I bought a ps2 to buy MOH:F and GTA3, GTA3 has lasted me the best part of a year, but i completed MOH in a week (i've even reviewed it). What i want is a FPS with a good multiplayer, with lots of guns, and a good single player. Cue Timesplitters 2. This game exceeded my expectations by providing all of the above, and much much more. The didn't copy Goldeneye, because its the same company that made Goldeneye! The graphics are great, the weapons even better and the multi-player is just gonna rock!
There are loads of challenge levels, co-op or single player story mode and around 100 characters to kill (or be). If you like FPS games get this.
its a disappointment that theres no Online feature though...oh the possibilities...
Sat 14/09/02 at 19:10
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I don't really have pre conceived ideas so much as learnings from experience. I've played loads of FPS's and driving games that were dull and samey....this was actually enjoyable to play. I may even buy it :D
Fri 13/09/02 at 09:43
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Blank wrote:
>
> There's something about this game that I like for some reason......I
> don't even like FPS's so God knows why I like this.

It's a damn good quality game that's why.

The graphics are good, the controls are good, the gameplay is good.

It's a quality title - sometimes quality of the gameplay will actually make you see through any preconceived ideas of the type of game it is and realise that the game is worth playing for what it is.
Thu 12/09/02 at 19:15
Regular
"95% organic"
Flanders wrote:

> Anybody else noticed the similarities to Goldeneye ?

The demo level is a blatant homage to Goldeneye. This means that the developers have acknowledged Goldeneye's status in the world of FPSs... which means they clearly know what they are talking about!

Nothing could be any more reassuring to me. Goldeneye is still my favourite FPS and I refuse to unplug my N64 until the day when Timesplitters 2 has been welded into my Playstation. Eeeek. That could be soon. Eeek.

*nips off to play the demo again before eastenders*
Thu 12/09/02 at 17:47
Regular
"i am fubby"
WHAT! it has monkeys...i must get this game...
Thu 12/09/02 at 17:38
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
A complete level? For me it stopped at the boss. Was it just me or were you not including the boss in the complete level?

There's something about this game that I like for some reason......I don't even like FPS's so God knows why I like this.
Thu 12/09/02 at 16:50
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
That could lead nicely into a bit of urine extraction about the number of games available for the PS2 against the number of games being produced for the x box etc but maybe not now ;D
Thu 12/09/02 at 15:54
Regular
I only choose the PS2 one becasue it had much much more stuff on the disc :D

Only thing really appealing on the xbox one was Craxy taxi 3...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.