GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Timesplitters 2 Demo"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/09/02 at 09:36
Regular
Played it last night - enjoyed it and thought yep this is a good game, buy it when it comes out etc etc but just one thing.

Anybody else noticed the similarities to Goldeneye ?

Crikeys - the location is the same, the weapons, the textures, the sounds and the gameplay.

I know that people have long said that Goldeneye is one of the best all time games and I agree and I am sure once we get into the full game the locations etc will change - and hey - it's even got monkeys in it !

I suppose what I am saying is that I was expecting TS2 to be moving forward but based on the demo it is a slightly better looking version of a game which is what - 4/5 years old.
Wed 11/09/02 at 09:36
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Played it last night - enjoyed it and thought yep this is a good game, buy it when it comes out etc etc but just one thing.

Anybody else noticed the similarities to Goldeneye ?

Crikeys - the location is the same, the weapons, the textures, the sounds and the gameplay.

I know that people have long said that Goldeneye is one of the best all time games and I agree and I am sure once we get into the full game the locations etc will change - and hey - it's even got monkeys in it !

I suppose what I am saying is that I was expecting TS2 to be moving forward but based on the demo it is a slightly better looking version of a game which is what - 4/5 years old.
Wed 11/09/02 at 09:45
"smelly!!"
Do you think it is going to be the best FPS to date?
Wed 11/09/02 at 10:25
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Yep - it's looking that way !
Wed 11/09/02 at 11:02
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Well I think the demo is great, I've never played Goldeneye before, but think the reason the devlopers made the demo similar to that game where mainly because it was a game they devloped which made them more reconised devlopers not only to Nintendo owners, but other console owners as well. I think they are just paying homage to that game.

Besides from what I've seen and read, there will be plenty of veriaty in the game, tons of levels set across different time periods, tons of weapons, tons of player models and a ton load of multiplayer otions. Not to mention a single and multiplayer map editor. I think it's safe to say the game will be more than just a bog standard remake.
Wed 11/09/02 at 11:15
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Don't get me wrong,

I think the game is ace - Goldeneye was a brilliant game and yes they probably are just playing homage to it with the demo. As so many people have played Goldeneye and enjoyed maybe they have issued that level as the demo so that those who have complained for years that there has been nothing to match Goldeneye on the PS / PS2 can see that at last there is a game that matches the standard that Goldeneye set.

I am looking forward to TS2 coming out and the demo has only whetted my appetite further - at last an FPS with a decent control system that actually works without making your head go all fuzzy. I think the control system used works much better than it did in the first TS game as well.
Wed 11/09/02 at 11:25
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I have the same thought about the demo, and it has filled me with more confidence about how the single player mode of the game will play. I could also spot a few links to MGS in the demo, such as the shelves in the dam stocked up with water melons.

And the control system of the game is unmatched by any other console FPS I've played. Being a PC owner, I've found that no joypad set up could beat the good old mouse/keyboard combo, but after a short practice on Timesplitters I was amazed at just how comfortable the game was to control. A good thing considering how fast the game is.

I can't for Timesplitters 2 either, I loved the origanal and now the sequel looks set to better it's predoccessor in every way. Definatly on my most wanted list.
Wed 11/09/02 at 14:44
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
The first level of TimeSplitters 2 is a homage to the first level of GoldenEye, so it's intentional.
Wed 11/09/02 at 15:18
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
And so speaketh the all knowing oracle !

Talking of demo's Mr Snuggles sir - Do SR ever get supplies of demo discs and if so what do you do with them ?

i.e. how can us poor unfortunates get hold of demo's of the likes of PES2 ??
Wed 11/09/02 at 20:32
Regular
"  "
Everyone praises Rare for Goldeneye but it was actually Free Radical who had more input in it, hence why Timeplitters and Timeplitters 2 are very similar to Goldeneye.

The demo is pretty good. Poor me gets motion sickness so I felt sick when I got to the power switch. :(

No blood neither. Game tis fun though :D
Thu 12/09/02 at 02:31
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Where can I get this demo from guys?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.