GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/09/02 at 22:45
Regular
Has there been an up-to-date playable demo of this anywhere recently?
Sun 15/09/02 at 00:27
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah I've been playing Buffy today. :-) I won't try that cheat thing you posted yet Adrian in case its earned by beating the game. :-)

Just got my holy water supersoaker weapon. :-)))
Sat 14/09/02 at 22:50
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I played Buffy the Vampire slayer today in HMV it's such a good game I staked two vamps in 3 minutes (I was so proud) and the graphics really do sarah michelle geller justice when I first heard that a buffy game was being made I thought of the worst but it is at the top of my to get list :D
Sat 14/09/02 at 22:18
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Been playing Buffy today. Its an excellent game, and a must buy for any fan of the show.

Heres a little extra for people who have the game. Go to the Extras screen and press Y(2 times), white, Black(2 times), Y(5 times), white, black. Then a list of 4 Arenas will appear. These are just fighting areas, to activate monsters press the Y button on the circles on the ground. I dont know if you can actually get this mode by completing the game. You get to fight the EVIL Buffy on Arena 2, and tons of weird monsters on the 1st one.
Sat 14/09/02 at 08:58
Regular
Buffy's a right romp.
Reminds in many ways of Max Payne except with fisticuffs.
I'm up to the Docks, and so far it's been fast-paced and totally enjoyable - (unlike Turok Evolution).

Graphics are solid - nothing spectacular - but the game has a good atmosphere that recreates the TV series.
The fighting is meaty and quite addictive - you look forward to the vamps attacking instead of dreading it.
The level design is linear, but for this type of game that's how it should be.

It might be a bit swallow for some - beat up vamps and solve simple puzzles - but it's a fun game, and It's made me jump a couple of times when enemies suddenly attacked.

Verdict: it's like the TV series - if you don't take it too seriously, it's "likeable & enjoyable".
Sat 14/09/02 at 00:11
Regular
"everyone says it"
Played Buffy today in store. Its ok.

Visuals are great. Love being the slayer. She should wear more revealing stuff though.

I brought Resident Evil instead. I AM NEVER PLAYING THAT AGAIN ALONE AT THIS TIME.

That was a bad mistake.

Stupid Acid-zombies and snakes.
Fri 13/09/02 at 23:46
Regular
This has been the best week for new releases in ages and i'm totally out of pocket!

I want Buffy(in more ways than one ;)), Resident evil, Toca, Mafia....

oh lord...i need a big cash windfall from somewhere...

Still got get these before the end of the year... Timesplitters 2, Pro Evolution soccer 2, Mario sunshine, Starfox adventures, GTA: vice city...

This autumn/winter is most def gonna be one to remember...
Fri 13/09/02 at 22:03
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
and
> picked up Resident Evil for GC.

I got that today, but no Buffy, should get it tommorow from SR. Resident Evil is amazing, alot different than the PS1 version.
Fri 13/09/02 at 21:22
"High polygon count"
I've never heard anything bad about SMG - in fact, only good things. Saw the Buffy thing with Richard Blackwood a while ago, and she seemed really nice - friendly and bubbly.

Anyway, I *nearly* bought the game today - but didn't. I exchanged Sudden Strike 2 for Mafia under Game's 10-day returns thingy, and picked up Resident Evil for GC. Along with not yet having completed Stuntman, I figured I have enough to keep me busy for now... might ask for it for Xmas though.
Fri 13/09/02 at 20:41
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
No not you mate - I'm she had a great personality. Somewhere.
Fri 13/09/02 at 18:30
Regular
"RIP Resurrection"
well you wouldn't see me putting looks first before the personality a Sav *cough*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.