GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/09/02 at 22:45
Regular
Has there been an up-to-date playable demo of this anywhere recently?
Tue 17/09/02 at 12:48
Regular
People who blabber gross generalisations are twits.... *points finger at drugged hippy*
Tue 17/09/02 at 12:40
You realise why Buffy is an Xbox exclusive?

It's cause the Xbox is THE console for the kind of pasty faced, sociopaths that the program appeals too.

Can you say social lepers?
Mon 16/09/02 at 18:55
Regular
I'm up to Angel's Mansion also. So far it's cool.
Mon 16/09/02 at 18:10
Got buffy its fair good I like the fluidity
Mon 16/09/02 at 15:22
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Up to the end of Angels Mansion in about 3 hours 30 mins. So still about half or more of the game left. Been playing on Resident Evil aswell, just about got the Grenade Launcher.
Sun 15/09/02 at 15:35
Regular
Well, just finished Buffy. Took me just over 9 hours. So it's quite short really.
Sun 15/09/02 at 13:16
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Mantis wrote:
> Played Tekken 4 and was bored.

Thing is with the Tekken series, I think its going through that Street Fighter 2 situation.
Everyone loves it at first and it sells really well. But once your on the 4th installment and not much has really changed, people start to get a little bored with it.
Sun 15/09/02 at 13:13
Regular
I'm up to the Dreamer Realm. It's a cool game. Simplistic but enjoyable.
Sun 15/09/02 at 10:55
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Savatt78 wrote:
> Yeah I've been playing Buffy today. :-) I won't try that cheat
> thing you posted yet Adrian in case its earned by beating the game.
> :-)
>
> Just got my holy water supersoaker weapon. :-)))

Yeah I just got that. I dont think that the Arena mode gets unlocked by completing the game, as it disappears as soon as you die or you beat a level. Its just like a Beat em up, you go around beating a few Vamps up. On the 2nd Arena you get to fight Spike and Angel. I think that it also improves your fighting skill as you get some hard enemies to fight. Also found a Sledge Hammer on Arena mode but havent found it in the game.

Overall I am really enjoying the game, the levels are pretty big and the action is smooth. Its really easy to control and doing slick looking combos is easy. I also found out a new move today with the stake. If you hold the Target button(R on Controller Config 1) and then press Y when you have a stake, Buffy throws the stake. Pretty cool to dust a Vamp like this.
Sun 15/09/02 at 01:15
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
er-no wrote:
> She should wear more revealing stuff though.

That applies to SMG in general. :P

Last week in the episode where xander casts the love potion, Buffy came in wearin this skimpy black nightdress thing. :P```

MegaBitch or no Megabitch-she was lookin mighty fine.

Anyway, saw the game today and it looked cool. Couldn't play it though. Good to see alot of games on the shelves for all platforms well worth getting.

Played RE on GC and wow I was impresseed. I didn't spot any real differences form the PS version but the graphical improvement really are good. Love that lightining through the windows.

Played Tekken 4 and was bored.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.