GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England's Pride"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/09/06 at 21:28
Regular
"Mooching around"
Right, I found this article over the internet, and apparently it was written "by a UK citizen and published in a British tabloid."

It discusses the issues of immagration, and could be seen as offencive to some people reading. So don't come whining to me, if it does offend you. You have been warned.

IMMIGRANTS.NOT BRITON�S MUST ADAPT.

Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on London, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Brits.

However, the dust from the attacks has barely settled and the politically correct" crowd begin complaining about the possibility that our patriotism is offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Britain. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of London being a multicultural centre for community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Britons, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over
Centuries of wars, struggles, trials and victories fought by the untold masses of men and Women who laid down any one of the millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language! "In God We Trust" is our National Motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political
slogan.

We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture. If St. George's cross offends you, or you don't like �A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great British freedom, "THE RIGHT TO LEAVE".

If you aren't happy here then f#@* off! We didn't force you to come here.

You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted. Pretty easy really, when you think about it.

I didn't know what to say after I'd read that. I suppose in my own view I agree with what has been said, but I also think that what we are doing is setting an example to all our neighbouring countries. I suppose we can't go down into Iraq, waging war about issues that we ourselves don't appear to understand.

Anyway, I just wanted to see your views on this.

Chaos.
Mon 01/01/07 at 19:14
Regular
"I may return"
Alfonse wrote:
> Have you ever heard of fat people?
Oooohhh, ROTFLMTO!!!
Mon 01/01/07 at 19:02
Regular
Have you ever heard of fat people?
Mon 01/01/07 at 16:37
Regular
"I may return"
Alfonse wrote:
> Choclate kills people.

Does it?
Mon 01/01/07 at 16:20
Regular
Everpain wrote:
> Culture, tradition, chocolate, religion, war.
>
> Spot the odd one out from the words above.

There isn't one, all five bring pain and ignorance into this world. (Choclate kills people).
Sun 31/12/06 at 20:09
Regular
"I may return"
Everpain wrote:
> Culture, tradition, chocolate, religion, war.
>
> Spot the odd one out from the words above.

Chocolate, because you can eat it :Þ
Sun 31/12/06 at 17:18
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Culture, tradition, chocolate, religion, war.

Spot the odd one out from the words above.
Thu 28/12/06 at 13:48
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Yer, this is an old topic, I've tried to kinda re-read it, but if I'm a little muddled, excuse me as I originally read the article and wrote the reply quite a while ago...

jakeblues68 wrote:
> I feel I can talk from experience as I have fought for the
> freedom and democracy (on their homeland) of the very people
> that are now immigrants in our great country. By the way, the
> word immigrant lends one to believe that an application was not
> put forward prior to travel.

> Do you actually know the full meaning of the word atheist?
I don't know... Can't say I've looked up the meaning in a dictionary or on Wikipedia. But I do not believe in a God, or higher power of any sort. If other people want to, I don't care, as long as they don't force their views onto me or look down at me for not believing such things.

> I am C of E but will gladly accept that my children will make
> their own choices, I did not force them into any religion, nor
> were they steered. My eldest chooses not to practice religion
> but he does have a belief, my youngest attends an C of E church
> to practice and also attends sunday school in a Catholic church,
> thats her choice.
I'm sorry, but I don't get your point... I was responding to the article suggesting Christian sloganeering should be placed in Schools across the country. Hell, even the USA has the seperation of Church and State, I thought in this country we believed in that principle more so, so surely it is inappropriate for our schools to try to force a particular religion on pupils?

> Quote "The statement "We didn't force you to come
> here" is a ridiculous one. Through our own prosperity in
> Britain and other rich Western countries, we have left other
> countries in poverty. To shun all responsibility and run crying
> when people come to our country looking for better wages to help
> their families is simply ignorant, and this is ignoring other
> people coming to our country, for example, asylum seekers, who
> come here as a refuge to escape death or torture, and for this
> person to then tell these people to **** off..." unquote
>
> What a load of piffle, most asylum seekers travel through at
> least 3 other nations before they get to the UK, which isn't
> easy to travel to I might add, we are a land locked country!
> Did the asylum seakers raise an application in the 3 countries
> travelled through?
> Probably not.

Erm, but as far as I remember the article wasn't just about asylum seekers... Others who are simply 'economic' migrants, coming here for better wages may not have been 'forced' out of their country in the same way as someone fleeing torture/death/etc. but many countries have been exploited by the Western world for cheap labour/resources/etc. and, as I said before, we simply seem to shun all responsibility for this. We make money selling countries weapons and taking advantage of poor living conditions and human rights, yet wonder why so many are looking to get out of the countries they were born in...

And with regards to the Asylum seekers not applying to the first country they come to... Yeah, it is a problem. But if you knew that applying for asylum in another country would mean rejection and being shipped back home to (potentially) face torture and death, would you? No, you'd do your best to get to a country where you'd be accepted and not sent back. I accept that not everyone that comes here seeking asylum is genuinely in danger, but here we're supposed to have the idea of innocent until proven guilty. For asylum seekers it seems the other way around. People seem to think they should have to prove they're in danger... They have to prove to us they're not lying... Shouldn't we 'risk' taking in people who aren't genuinely in danger, rather than turn away some who really will face persucution, torture, death? I think that is what a civilised society would do...

> "I just think the whole article is the same old tripe.
> Somebody still clinging to the belief that all Brits are nice,
> law-abiding citizens and it's all these damn immigrants who
> cause all the crime, claim all the benefits, etc"
>
> I can only assume that either
> a: You come from an ethnic background (with asylum seaking
> relatives possibly)
> b: You are a tree hugging hippy
> c: You live in a castle in the highlands of Scotland and have
> never been touched by reality.
> d: that you will bite back and give me a sever tongue lashing
> for speaking my opinion.

I am not A, some may call me B (I do have long hair... But I don't remember hugging any trees), I'm definitely not C, and D... Well, I don't know, you'll have to let me know what you think...

I can only assume you read the Daily Mail on a regular basis and vote for the Tories (although maybe not now that Cameron is in) or UKIP...
Mon 25/12/06 at 20:36
Regular
Sibs,
I have a few problems with your theory.

I feel I can talk from experience as I have fought for the freedom and democracy (on their homeland) of the very people that are now immigrants in our great country. By the way, the word immigrant lends one to believe that an application was not put forward prior to travel.

"I'm no hardline member of another faith, I'm an atheist who believes children shouldn't be forced into a religion. Our schools should not be thrusting religios slogans and imagery upon the children here"

Do you actually know the full meaning of the word atheist?
I am C of E but will gladly accept that my children will make their own choices, I did not force them into any religion, nor were they steered. My eldest chooses not to practice religion but he does have a belief, my youngest attends an C of E church to practice and also attends sunday school in a Catholic church, thats her choice.

Quote "The statement "We didn't force you to come here" is a ridiculous one. Through our own prosperity in Britain and other rich Western countries, we have left other countries in poverty. To shun all responsibility and run crying when people come to our country looking for better wages to help their families is simply ignorant, and this is ignoring other people coming to our country, for example, asylum seekers, who come here as a refuge to escape death or torture, and for this person to then tell these people to **** off..." unquote

What a load of piffle, most asylum seekers travel through at least 3 other nations before they get to the UK, which isn't easy to travel to I might add, we are a land locked country!
Did the asylum seakers raise an application in the 3 countries travelled through?
Probably not.

"I just think the whole article is the same old tripe. Somebody still clinging to the belief that all Brits are nice, law-abiding citizens and it's all these damn immigrants who cause all the crime, claim all the benefits, etc"

I can only assume that either
a: You come from an ethnic background (with asylum seaking relatives possibly)
b: You are a tree hugging hippy
c: You live in a castle in the highlands of Scotland and have never been touched by reality.
d: that you will bite back and give me a sever tongue lashing for speaking my opinion.

Rant over, I am now stepping down from my soapbox
Fri 15/09/06 at 13:28
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
The Australian Way

Personally I'm all for introducing this into Britain as well. The USA has it and no doubt many more countries do as well so why not?

I think that every country in the world needs to have a national identity and if you want to immigrate to live in another country you should at least be bothered to learn about your new home.

I'm not saying that people should convert to Christianity and stereotype themselves on the tradition of the area they now live in but they should understand that we have our culture and heritige which will be around them in their new lives.
Thu 14/09/06 at 19:01
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
pb wrote:
> Well, it's certainly acceptable to say that the country is based
> on Christian values. But to say that Men with Christian values
> fought for this country isn't entirely accurate.

Does the article really say that?

> And to suggest
> that if "{our} God offends you" then get out of our
> country? When many of that 70% are certainly not practicing
> Christians and the country is mostly based on pagan religions
> wrapped up in Christian covers. Oh, and it just happens to be a
> Christianity that England created to suit its own vision,
> changing culture at the time. So whose to say that other
> religions are wrong to add to a diverse culture which by it's
> own history has always been in flux?

Surely a diverse culture has to be based upon tolerance and acceptance of other ideas. But this has be a two way thing. People who write articles such as this one, clearly feel its not. And its too easy to dismiss it as xenophobic racist ranting. Our diverse culture seems to be based upon political correctness and thats why we get people like the writer of this article I think.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.