GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England's Pride"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/09/06 at 21:28
Regular
"Mooching around"
Right, I found this article over the internet, and apparently it was written "by a UK citizen and published in a British tabloid."

It discusses the issues of immagration, and could be seen as offencive to some people reading. So don't come whining to me, if it does offend you. You have been warned.

IMMIGRANTS.NOT BRITON�S MUST ADAPT.

Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on London, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Brits.

However, the dust from the attacks has barely settled and the politically correct" crowd begin complaining about the possibility that our patriotism is offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Britain. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of London being a multicultural centre for community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Britons, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over
Centuries of wars, struggles, trials and victories fought by the untold masses of men and Women who laid down any one of the millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language! "In God We Trust" is our National Motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political
slogan.

We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture. If St. George's cross offends you, or you don't like �A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great British freedom, "THE RIGHT TO LEAVE".

If you aren't happy here then f#@* off! We didn't force you to come here.

You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted. Pretty easy really, when you think about it.

I didn't know what to say after I'd read that. I suppose in my own view I agree with what has been said, but I also think that what we are doing is setting an example to all our neighbouring countries. I suppose we can't go down into Iraq, waging war about issues that we ourselves don't appear to understand.

Anyway, I just wanted to see your views on this.

Chaos.
Wed 18/07/07 at 02:00
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I'm firmly on the fence on this issue. I will take religion out of the equation though, because in my mind it's the biggest means of brainwashing on the planet and I think it's a load of horse****.

I do like and respect certain elements of British culture, and I don't have any respect for anyone who comes here and tries to change our ways to suit their's. The whole deal with Muslim women refusing to remove their veils did strike a personal note with me. It's necessary to see someone's face to communicate with them fully, and a veil prevents this, and in places such as courtrooms and schools this creates a lot of problems.

But, I do have sympathy for those coming here from countries where they fear for their lives and/or can barely make a living. They have as much right to a good quality of life as we do, and if they have to come to Britain to find it then I'm fine with it.

So, like I say, I'm firmly on the fence.
Tue 17/07/07 at 19:55
Regular
"Mooching around"
Like red wine then.

Doesn't chocolate also cause the brain to secrete seratonin?(sp?)
Tue 17/07/07 at 18:34
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
DoomBaboon1982 wrote:
> Now I was reading an article about an American Man who ate over
> a Kilo of chocolate a day and died in his bed at 48 stone..... I
> think its safe to say that was the chocolate:)

Ironically enough, in moderation it can be good for you, I think dark chocolate especially, as it contains Iron in decent amounts.
Tue 17/07/07 at 15:48
Regular
Chaos wrote:
> doodle wrote:
> chocolate dosn't kill people smoking kills people, alchohol
> kill
> people, drugs kill people, chocolate dosn't kill people!!!!!!!!
>
> No, lung cancer kills people, kidney failure kills people,
> cardiac arrest kills people. :)

Now I was reading an article about an American Man who ate over a Kilo of chocolate a day and died in his bed at 48 stone..... I think its safe to say that was the chocolate:)

Anyway back to the original thread. I dont believe in being patriotic for the sake of it but i do see an importance in tradition when teaching our children their history and identity.
I dont think religion has a place in the arguement as it isnt the god that a person prays to that the british population moan about it is a gamet of social things like the seperate communities, languages etc.

I am fairly middle on this one. I have no problem with a person turning up in our country, announced or otherwise, and is ready to work and make their way. What I resent is when they turn out with their hands out, unwilling to take jobs that are found for them and burning housing they are put in for free as it "isn't of a good enough standard". If you are truely desperate to escape oppression or murder then you would be happy with anything.

I think where all this comes from is the fact that the London bombings and 9/11 were commited by Islamic fundementalist and british people cant seem to seperate then from normal Muslims.
It is like saying that because a coloured person gets beaten up in the street by a white thug, that all white people are Nazi's.

Maybe the idea is for us to become a little more tollerant, not politically but socially, and maybe they need to intigrate a little more.
Mon 16/07/07 at 13:10
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Guns don't kill people, dangerous minorities and rappers do. :)
Sat 30/06/07 at 20:20
Regular
"Mooching around"
doodle wrote:
> chocolate dosn't kill people smoking kills people, alchohol kill
> people, drugs kill people, chocolate dosn't kill people!!!!!!!!

No, lung cancer kills people, kidney failure kills people, cardiac arrest kills people. :)
Sat 30/06/07 at 19:09
Regular
"Why do peole b****"
Alfonse wrote:
> Everpain wrote:
> Culture, tradition, chocolate, religion, war.
>
> Spot the odd one out from the words above.
>
> There isn't one, all five bring pain and ignorance into this
> world. (Choclate kills people).

chocolate dosn't kill people smoking kills people, alchohol kill people, drugs kill people, chocolate dosn't kill people!!!!!!!!
Sat 30/06/07 at 19:08
Regular
"Why do peole b****"
Sunflower wrote:
> Everpain wrote:
> Culture, tradition, chocolate, religion, war.
>
> Spot the odd one out from the words above.
>
>i think chocolate because it's the only thing you can enjoy, lol!!
Sat 30/06/07 at 19:07
Regular
"Why do peole b****"
We lost our pride when tony blair sucked up to the americans and took the troops to a war thats not our war to fight!!
Tue 02/01/07 at 16:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I'm British, I study history, I'm proud of the achievements of British people, and ashamed also by some of their acts. But to me they did these things because they were human; the fact they were British was incidental and probably conducive in allowing them a chance; i.e previous action brought Britain up to the top of the world etc etc, giving rise to British ideas being at the forefront bla bla.

I welcome immigration if it is not abused, pretty obvious stuff really. I do not feel Britain's Christian heritage should be at the forefront of our concerns; fair play to any believers, but the Christian element is largely debatable; religion has shaped attitudes and ideas, and we adhere to many remnants of religious policy and social division borne out of religious issues. But many religious ethics are inadequate today, and as a student of philosophy that should be taken elsewhere.

I don't wish to suppress the 'natives', nor the immigrants. I'm sick of people whining about bleating liberals, as if being blunt is somehow more realistic and consequently 'common sense'. PC whiners can f**k right off too, it's a stupidly overblown scapegoat as far as I'm concerned; some issues taken too far yes, mostly a lot of hot air. Integration to some extent yes, but what the hell is 'Britishness' anyway? I don't wish to advocate a split society or anything, but I think many people need to think a bit more of what they're referring to in this argument.

Edit; the above letter would actually result in me being asked to leave; I don't want God to be a central part of my nation, and I'm a white middle class English man. Shock horror.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.