GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TUROK"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/09/02 at 16:49
Regular
This may well have been mentioned before or even explained on here, but I am not aware.
Not aware of why the X-box, Gameboy Advance and PS2 Turok: Evolution is out NOW but the GamCube version is not. Kind of takes the pee I think.
Never mind, I don't want it that badly and It will only ruin my chances of getting any work done.
Tue 10/09/02 at 08:11
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
If a delay improves the game then I wouldn't complain!

But I don't think I'll bother with Turok Evolution unless i am convinced of how good it really is!
Tue 10/09/02 at 08:09
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Waaaiiit a second, Strafex. You said earlier on that the PAL Gamecube version IS being enhanced and now we're getting the likes of 'well...', 'probably' etc. Let's have the facts that prooves it IS being enhanced! :)
Mon 09/09/02 at 22:27
Regular
Well in the US, they were all released at the same time.

Also, Acclaim have a close relationship with the NGC magazine who probably advised ironing out some bugs before the UK release.
Mon 09/09/02 at 21:56
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Mattyboy wrote:
> Im still looking forward to getting this game - I know the PS2 and
> X-Box versions are suppose to be quite average but Im still willing to
> give it a chance! Especially if they do slightly improve the GC
> version

I honestly can see the GC version being slightly improved!

I mean, ain't it already been released in the US etc. Is there any difference there?

Who said it's getting improved?

:)
Mon 09/09/02 at 20:20
Regular
"Whatever!"
Im still looking forward to getting this game - I know the PS2 and X-Box versions are suppose to be quite average but Im still willing to give it a chance! Especially if they do slightly improve the GC version
Mon 09/09/02 at 19:36
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I played Turok today!

Was on my mates X-Box though!

It seemed pretty good, but those flying bits on the Terradactul are well, erm.... probably could have done without em! But I guess it's a bit of a change. Didn't play it for too long. Got to the first Terra.. bit and got annoyed by the fact that if it touches a wall it explodes into bits. Because oh yes, every bird which touches a wall automatically EXPLODES!!!

grrr-argh!

Also the graphics textures on stuff like the cliffs seemed a little bland! Was expecting slightly better!

But I still can't wait till I get my Cube version! Be better with a decent pad no doubts!

:)
Mon 09/09/02 at 18:33
Regular
"Unretired"
Yeah... And I got a pre-order for this game, I might change it to timesplitters 2 prolly.
Mon 09/09/02 at 18:31
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
bring? What the hell's a bring? I think that was meant to be 'bridge'. :)
Mon 09/09/02 at 18:30
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
I saw a version of it running at GAME today (probably the X-box version by the looks of things) and the animation on the enemies was pretty darn shocking...they appear to only have one type of animation each, which is about a dozen frames long.
And the environments, while quite nice in places, really show off where they've cut corners (so to speak) in places.
It's like...

"Hmm, we've got a bring going across a canyon. 'Spose we better make a canyon, really."
"Nah, sod that mate, lets just stick two flat plains either side, with a really bland, stretched texture, and then stick a load of fog about 10 metres down so that they can't see the bottom."
"Great idea! Here's a salary raise!"

Tsk...
Mon 09/09/02 at 18:24
Regular
"Unretired"
Hopefully improved graphics, some of the shots in NGC look horrific!

Anyone seen the Pixelated grass? ewwwww

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.