GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TUROK"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/09/02 at 16:49
Regular
This may well have been mentioned before or even explained on here, but I am not aware.
Not aware of why the X-box, Gameboy Advance and PS2 Turok: Evolution is out NOW but the GamCube version is not. Kind of takes the pee I think.
Never mind, I don't want it that badly and It will only ruin my chances of getting any work done.
Tue 10/09/02 at 22:36
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I want to use the sniper rifle and zoom in and shoot some poor unsuspecting raptor square in the nonce, just like in the mag shots. I also want to use my knife to chop the legs of that.... big..... plant.... eating..... dinosaur (yeah)
Tue 10/09/02 at 22:26
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I did want this, but Timesplitters 2 seems to be such a more exciting choice - and it dosen't seem to have many problems!
Tue 10/09/02 at 22:18
Regular
Strafex wrote:

> Ok, Daily Radar said it was being enhanced.
> I'm not 100% sure, but aren't they NGC's site?

Yeah they are, well they're run by the same magazine publishers that publish NGC.
Tue 10/09/02 at 22:13
I played the X-box version in a shop.
I killed a Tricerotops with an axe.
It barely seemed to notice that I was chopping chunks out of it.
The pixellation was really ugly, and the grass looked like 2D sprites.
I was not impressed.
Tue 10/09/02 at 22:02
Regular
Well, even without touch ups, the Gamecube version (going by US reviews) had the best framerate, despite the Xbox having some nicer graphical touches.

I think that framerate (which affects the gameplay) is more important than the graphics (which are just nice to look at).

Besides, after Acclaim have given it 3 weeks longer than the other versions, it'll probably have the best of both worlds.
Tue 10/09/02 at 20:19
Regular
"Remember me?"
Edgy wrote:
> I played Turok Evolution in Game the other day on the X-box.
>
> I have to admit I was suprised by it's choppiness, especially if it is
> supposed to be the better of the Playstation 2 version. Surely the
> Playstation 2 version is unplayable if that is the case...
>
> But if the GameCube version equals or betters the X-box version, I'll
> be quite happy with it. After all, it looks better than the Nintendo
> 64 versions - atleast there are plants on the ground instead of being
> just flat against the walls and rocks!

Actually, as well as defending Turok here, I'd also like to defend the PS2 (gasp!) version of Turok Evolution, as I played it in Woolworths this afternoon and found it to be - pixellated - fun. I don't think that there's going to be a significant difference between the 3 home console versions of the game and to be perfectly honest, I'm not bothered. The PS2 and X-Box versions of the game seemed to be perfectly competenr games and I for one am thoroughly looking forward to playing the Gamecube version, whether it's improved or not.
Tue 10/09/02 at 20:02
Regular
I played Turok Evolution in Game the other day on the X-box.

I have to admit I was suprised by it's choppiness, especially if it is supposed to be the better of the Playstation 2 version. Surely the Playstation 2 version is unplayable if that is the case...

But if the GameCube version equals or betters the X-box version, I'll be quite happy with it. After all, it looks better than the Nintendo 64 versions - atleast there are plants on the ground instead of being just flat against the walls and rocks!
Tue 10/09/02 at 19:38
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
i dont know why everyone wants a copy of turok... it looks utter pap ! i had a go on the xbox version in pcworld , and the grass looked so shizer , i wasn't sure whether i was actually playing on the xbox , it was more like a psx. And what makes matters worse is how stupid the weapons are , i was using a bow , and fired an arrow , you didn't see it fly away like you normally would , you just saw this pretty poor flash about 30 feet infront of you. For a game thats this highly rated , it aint half bad.
Tue 10/09/02 at 11:55
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I hope the developers use this extra time to fix the problems of the x-box and PS2 version, which haven't been getting to high a mark in games magazines.

Not that I'm really that bothered, theres tons of other, better looking FPS coming out over the next few months, so I doubt we are missing much with Turoks delay.
Tue 10/09/02 at 10:12
Regular
Uncle Albert wrote:
> Waaaiiit a second, Strafex. You said earlier on that the PAL Gamecube
> version IS being enhanced and now we're getting the likes of
> 'well...', 'probably' etc. Let's have the facts that prooves it IS
> being enhanced! :)

Ok, Daily Radar said it was being enhanced.
I'm not 100% sure, but aren't they NGC's site?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.