GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bands you love to hate"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/09/06 at 13:28
"possibly impossible"
So, we all hate certain bands. I'm sure there are moments when you're listening to the radio and an artist comes on who you detest.

So get it off your chest here. Why do they annoy you so much? What would you like to do with them?

My current pet hate:

Scissor Sisters
Gah! From the moment I heard the screeching wails of the very bad Pink Floyd cover, I knew this band would make my ears bleed. Sounding like a cross between the Beegees with something shoved up their rear ends and Elton John at his worst, they make cats sound good.

But it's not just their music. The fact that they play the gay card with so much (gay?) abandon is annoying. Fine, so they're gay, get over it. They end up coming across like some supporting cast for a Carry On film.
Tue 19/09/06 at 15:30
Regular
What kind of music do you like then?
Tue 19/09/06 at 14:19
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Slipknot - So bad they're awful although i hate the idiots who listen to them more.

Damien Rice - Heartbreak by numbers bull***t

Westlife/Blue/Boybands in general/Lee Ryan - Having seen him 2 or 3 times i can now confirm that he is a dick of the highest order.

PussyCat Dolls - My god theyre bad, they're so bad it almost pains me to say i've heard of them. They're also universally ugly so how on earth they got popular is utterly beyond me.

All emo bands that teens listen to, Metallica, Green Day, Good Charlotte, Funeral for a Friend etc. They can all go jump off a cliff

Lemar - You're not Marvin Gaye, You're not Terence Trent D'arby, You are a prat.

Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Christina Aguilera, Celine Dion and anyone else who thinks that because you can hold a note means you can sing.

Ashanti, Ciara, J-Lo and anyone else who has made R&B the most bland predictable crap that is constantly on tv music channels.

Every gangster rapper ever

Elvis Presley - Personal choice, i cant bloody stand him.
Frank Sinatra - See above

Fatboy Slim - He see's himself as an artist who rescues junk music, i see him as a disrespectful t**t who rips off other peoples music and sells it as his own. He was in the Housemartins for f***s sake, how talented can he actually be!?

Any generic repetitive dance track made in some eastern european country thats only just discovered the keyboard and think it's the future of music.

Any generic repetitive dance track made in some eastern european country that steals the chorus of a already well known song, repeats it and adds a drum beat over the top.

Anyone who thinks that writing your own songs makes you an artist, it doesn't, it makes you writer of crap songs.

I think thats just about covered it then.
Mon 18/09/06 at 00:30
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I'm with Bob on this one. Growling pwns.
Mon 18/09/06 at 00:18
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
tnc wrote:
except death metal bands that simply
> have shouting as an attempt at vocalisation. They really are
> laughable, trying to produce anger that isn't there, trying to
> making themselves 'deep' and succeeding in being pathetic.

It's called growling, noob, and it's used because it's the only sensible way of adding vocals over an aggressive sonic wall made from distorted downtuned guitars and blastbeats.
Sun 17/09/06 at 21:19
Regular
Your Lord and Master is back! Finally with a new, high-speed laptop =)

Anyway, first off I'll have to start by saying I actually quite like The Arctic Monkeys. I agree that the Sheffield slant doesn't do much for them, and neither does the name to be honest, but some of the lines are just 'catchy'. In terms of bands I like to listen to just to feel upbeat and have a bit of music in my ears, it'll always be The Arctic Monkeys for me. I do think they're greatly overrated though.

My least favourite band ever have to be Coldplay. I just can't stand their depressing monotonal repetitions of a lyric along the lines of 'I walked along a road and there, there was depression everywhere'. Their music just generally makes me feel lethargic and depressive.

I hate bands that think they're heavy metal when in fact they're just guys screeching into the microphone with some god-awful attempt at a solo in the background. They're not fit to be a mouthwash for a metal band.

Nirvana are another one of those unbelievably depressing bands, and the main problem is that literally every song sounds the same. I don't just mean in a recognisable style, I mean they all melt into one.

I hate all the tripe that comes out of the girlishly-voiced mouths of The Darkness. They're not good in any way, and I genuinely don't understand the fascination with them.

The bracket of 'emo bands' pretty well encompasses the rest of the bands I love to hate, except death metal bands that simply have shouting as an attempt at vocalisation. They really are laughable, trying to produce anger that isn't there, trying to making themselves 'deep' and succeeding in being pathetic.

Ack! That was a minefield of spelling errors and typos!
Sun 17/09/06 at 21:15
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I hate The Kooks, Arctic Monkeys and all other bands of that genre. They make the most ear-rapingly bad music I've ever heard.
Sun 17/09/06 at 14:41
Regular
Der Nazi wrote:
> The Kooks. Pathetic, bland, poorly written pop-rock (With
> emphasis on the "Pop") with the spirit of a
> ninety-year old sloth. Some of the least inspired total
> gibberish I've ever had the displeasure to hear; to me, it seems
> as if people only listen to them on the theory "They're so
> bad, they're good", normally applied to joke bands... and
> the Kooks are a pathetic joke.

I agree with every other band you said, but i hadnt made up my mind bout them till i seen them live a few times. And to be honest the lyrics are crap as you said but the guitar solos and tunes are really catchy. Not as bad as i first thought when listening to there lyrics.
Sun 17/09/06 at 14:21
Regular
Groups that sample classic songs and bastardise them - e.g. that Jamelia bint sampling the Depeche Mode classic "Personal Jesus", and obviously butchering it.
Sun 17/09/06 at 12:31
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
The Arctic Monkeys. I have one question: How are they so popular, when they are simply so awful? I'll admit that some of their songs have a decent amount of energy put into them, but the music is just so awful, and the lyrics make me cringe... they are quite simply a p*ss poor pub band who've become somehow popular on the gimmick that they're from Sheffield, and have a guy with a Northern accent on vocals... big deal, Bruce Dickinson's from Sheffield; the difference is, he can actually sing and write; same goes (to an extent) to fellow Sheffield natives Def Leppard, i.e. before they went so very pop.

The Kooks. Pathetic, bland, poorly written pop-rock (With emphasis on the "Pop") with the spirit of a ninety-year old sloth. Some of the least inspired total gibberish I've ever had the displeasure to hear; to me, it seems as if people only listen to them on the theory "They're so bad, they're good", normally applied to joke bands... and the Kooks are a pathetic joke.

Fightstar. I had the displeasure of witnessing them at the Reading Festival... there is nothing good whatsoever about them, call them "Post-grunge" or whatever, it's poorly arranged gibberish performed by people who don't know what they're doing, especially the front-boy who seems to think he's James Hetfield, but comes accross as being clueless. And he looks like a gay Chav.

Good Charlotte. Absolute rubbish in almost every imaginable way, and their illusion that they are punks makes you want to vomit... no self-respecting punk band would pump out such infantile gibberish. They make me want to vomit, fortunately I haven't heard anyone even mention them recently.

Limp Bizkit. The musical equivalent of raw sewerage. It's not big, it's not clever, and definitely not worth listening to, enough said.

Just about any "Emo" band. No need forfurther explanation. It's a stupid term, as almost all decent rock has a lot of emotion pumped into it... Put together some incompetent musicians and some guy who screams out of tune in a failed attempt at angsty music or simply comes up with lyrics about how pathetic they are, and there you go. It's the audible equivalent of a cholostromy bag.

And as an afterword... much of Guns 'N' Roses' output is ruined by Axl Rose's irritating voice. And don't get me started on pop, (C)rap etc.

"And the public wants what the public gets/but I dont get what this society wants" - Going Underground by the Jam.
Thu 14/09/06 at 15:18
Regular
Sorry bout that, but just saying that name is enough. Seen them live twice, not of my own choice mind you, but when i did see them, it was like listening to two pigs in breeding season. The guy was awful and sounded nothing like he does on his album, plus you couldnt see who was singing with that hat, why cant he just take the thing off you honestly have no clue who is singing.

Catchy tunes yes, i just hate the style of the band.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.