GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jobs..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/09/06 at 10:41
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Can anybody offer me one? (Just kidding)

Out of sixth form and bored at the moment. Applied for several jobs, but no interview/interview but then not successful. My parents/family/friends are telling me to sign on - but I don't want to be a scrounger.

What would you guys recommend. Just doing seasonal work for a while. Attempt Uni next year? Win the Lotto tonight?

I didn't think it would be so hard to find a job! Job hunting is a full time occupation! :S
Thu 14/09/06 at 10:15
Regular
Lets us know if you find a good job hippyman :)

I think Kawada got his temp job from an agency.
Thu 14/09/06 at 09:51
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Agencies for temp jobs are the best as the firms need staff quick and agencies can provide staff quick.
Thu 14/09/06 at 04:56
Regular
Oh that's great hippyman, wanting to travel around America :D I wonder if you'll have any problems doing it in the summer. Incase it's more pricey.

Yes I think signing up with an agency will help you a lot.
Wed 13/09/06 at 11:13
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
hippyman wrote:
> Thank-you.
>
> I'll have a look into angency work as well. Not too fussed
> really what I do for this year. want to do a trek america tour
> next summer, so just need the money for it.
>
> Then the real career starts!
>
> Thank-you again!

Cool :) I'm going to South Ammmmmerciaa for 3 months in Feburary, Working up untill then!
Wed 13/09/06 at 11:11
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I'd suggest doing one of 2 things - getting a job for the year that you really enjoy doing and be happy making a few quid along the way or doing a load of temporary jobs in different fields to see which you enjoy and which you don't to help you decide on a career.
Wed 13/09/06 at 11:01
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Thank-you.

I'll have a look into angency work as well. Not too fussed really what I do for this year. want to do a trek america tour next summer, so just need the money for it.

Then the real career starts!

Thank-you again!
Wed 13/09/06 at 10:59
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Heya, at the start of Summer i was in the same situation as you are in now. Without a job and finished my exams, although i am going to uni, but i didn't know what i wanted to do yet, and gap year was a great start to that - but what to do within the gap year was completely different question.

When applying for jobs, I found myself likewise finding it terribly hard to find one, Being a student, its hard to compete against people that have years experience in that area of work etc.

So started applying to Agencies (Specifically Software/Information’s Agent) and landed myself a job as Project Assistant for £7.25 an hour. A good start to a gap year, and experience I’m building, increasing my CV recognition and hopefully, go on to a bigger/salary job afterwards :)!
Wed 13/09/06 at 10:41
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Can anybody offer me one? (Just kidding)

Out of sixth form and bored at the moment. Applied for several jobs, but no interview/interview but then not successful. My parents/family/friends are telling me to sign on - but I don't want to be a scrounger.

What would you guys recommend. Just doing seasonal work for a while. Attempt Uni next year? Win the Lotto tonight?

I didn't think it would be so hard to find a job! Job hunting is a full time occupation! :S

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.