GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jobs..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/09/06 at 10:41
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Can anybody offer me one? (Just kidding)

Out of sixth form and bored at the moment. Applied for several jobs, but no interview/interview but then not successful. My parents/family/friends are telling me to sign on - but I don't want to be a scrounger.

What would you guys recommend. Just doing seasonal work for a while. Attempt Uni next year? Win the Lotto tonight?

I didn't think it would be so hard to find a job! Job hunting is a full time occupation! :S
Thu 14/09/06 at 11:23
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Heh yup they are pretty useless, the best ones are when you go in and get the guy in the office who'll just get you to sign the sheet say *can i help you with anything* you'll say no and he'll reply *ok thanks, see you in 2 weeks*

That way you're not having to sit in disgust as they offer you crap like packing cd's in a box for 8 hours in a factory and call it a good opportunity and you can go off and find a job yourself and actually find something you at least can stand to do
Thu 14/09/06 at 11:21
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
It annoys me greatly when you ask for a local job (I live in Bristol) and then they offer you a job interview in Aberdeen. It's the same with the website. Apparently Manchester is within 5 miles of my house. I know that there are no towns with the name Manchester in our area and the only one I'm sure about in the country is the home of United, City and Corrie.

And these guys are helping me find jobs?
Thu 14/09/06 at 11:17
Regular
What I didnt like about the jobcentre was that they wanted you to take any job. You didnt have any choice at all in what you could do. They'd offer me jobs on the telephone and I'm not great talking to strangers on the phone. Plus I'd really get ticked off if someone started shouting at me for waking them up/disturbing their dinner etc.
Thu 14/09/06 at 11:13
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Not much different. My stepdad was on it about a year ago and it was around £44 - I might get less as I haven't any dependents.

-Not that I care, any money is good. Rather have a job though!
Thu 14/09/06 at 11:12
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
44 a week
Thu 14/09/06 at 11:11
Regular
How much are you getting? Last time I was leeching it was £40 a month. That was back in 1997 though when I finished school.
Thu 14/09/06 at 11:10
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
As long as it keeps the job centre happy though...
Thu 14/09/06 at 11:07
Regular
Don't apply for Royal Mail, Kawada's doing that and he's had to have about 4 interviews :/ it's taking him weeks.
Thu 14/09/06 at 11:06
Regular
Sounds good hippyman, and thank you ^^ Good luck with your job search.
Thu 14/09/06 at 11:04
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Well, signing on today (parents forced me yesterday), so will have income hopefully before christmas if I can't get a job. Feel like a scrounger, but want to work - so hopefully I'm not too bad.

Applying for some temp work in Argos for christmas, position may become permenant. Also applying for a job at the royal mail and the local Entertainer store. I may even still be able to do the odd shift at the dental practice.

If these applications fail, then uit's back to the old "writing to all local companies with CV" method.

As for America, it's a Trek America tour, so whenever I can get onto it and afford it... I'm away! Good luck with the posting Machie!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.