GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"For All Halo Junkies !"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/09/02 at 19:09
Regular
Tonight a trailer will be available to view at Xbox.com. This trailer will be Halo 2 !

Apparently you will get to see in game footage as well as hear some of the music from the game. :-)

For anyone who wants to see this trailer tonight, goto the site and just stay on the American area - there should be a pic of MasterChief with a little info. :-)

::drool:: God I can't wait to see that trailer...
Thu 05/09/02 at 03:00
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Oh holy jesus....

I was so gobsmacked that I viewed it 5 times in a row...
Sod this Christmas, I want Christmas 2003 to arrive - now.

I went to the site at 2am exactly anf ound the site updated. I downloaded the new media player and then I went on to see the clip.
It was 2 and a half minutes of the most beautiful thing I've ever seen...

I'm gonna mention a bit here so if you haven't seen it and want to wait till you view it yourself, don't read this paragraph. Basically as MasterChief approaches the airlock of the ship he's on, you can hear radio transmissions between the marines on the ground and Cortana from the ship.
MasterChief looks out of the airlock window and the planet in view looks like hell on toast - you can see a battle is raging below.
After some more conversation between Cortana and the fighting marines, MasterChief opens the airlock. Cortana asks "What if you miss ?" in which MasterChief replies in that stern voice "I Won't"
He then jumps out of the airlock and decends through space. You then see his target as a huge Covenant Battle Cruiser flies underneath him as the typical Halo music (the track we all love) plays. You see MasterChief disappear as he decends down onto the ship where he obviously lands on it....

Its a good job I can type cause right now I'm bloody speechless.... No graphics compare to the ones seen in this trailer....
No words can do justice to how gorgeous this game looks and watching the trailer, I just had a rush go through me - I want to play this game now !
Its going to be so hard waiting a year after seeing that....

I'm just going to drown in my own drool now.
Thu 05/09/02 at 02:31
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
well i just viewed it and well i dunno what to say, it's mind blowing.

i started by rushing to xbox.com about 2am then after sav pointing out where the link was (big fecking thing on the top right) i clicked it, *sigh* gotta get media player 9 so got that.

after a few mins it done it, i went to the meida guide and saw halo2 i clicked.

it then buffered to what seemed like forever and while i was typing a message back to my mate whitestripes ;) i heard the music in my head phones.

i told everyone on MSN to SHHHHH for 3 mins or so. i then made it full screen and waited.

as soon as i saw the main charecter i was blown away. the detail is amazine. i've never seen anything this good.

it has to be seen to be believed.

download it nothing can describe what i saw you have to see it for yourself, the lighting, the detail on the walls and the realistic shadow cast at the door way.

Beautiful.
Thu 05/09/02 at 02:14
Regular
17MB even for the small version! gonna take a while downloading this!
Thu 05/09/02 at 01:55
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
5 mins oh gonna pee my pants better take a wiz.
Wed 04/09/02 at 23:49
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I know. :-) Got my eye on that clock. ;-))

Wonder what we'll see on the trailer. :-) A couple of new vehicles would be nice. :-)
Wed 04/09/02 at 23:45
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
Savatt78 wrote:
> I'll be taking a peek at 2am. ;-)

not long 2 hours and 15mins can't wait :)
Wed 04/09/02 at 22:26
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I'll be taking a peek at 2am. ;-)
Wed 04/09/02 at 22:23
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Mantis wrote:
> When should you be able to get the video? A few hours? Tomorrow
> morning?

Well its 6pm PST which means its 8 hours behind us, so thats 2am GMT.
Wed 04/09/02 at 22:13
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
When should you be able to get the video? A few hours? Tomorrow morning?
Wed 04/09/02 at 20:03
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I will. :-) Really can't wait to see it in motion. :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.