GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Timesplitters 2 gets 10/10?!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/09/02 at 15:38
Regular
So its pretty good then aye?

http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2083
Wed 04/09/02 at 19:26
Regular
"¬_¬"
I don't like going on any magazines scores, except perhaps Edge. MGS2 was not worth 10/10, 9 maybe but definitely not 10. FF10 was worth 9/10, not 8, and I think the case is the same with GTA3. I think that Timesplitters 2 will get an 8 or a 9 in Edge, but nothing more.
Wed 04/09/02 at 19:00
Regular
"Ghetto Fabulous"
So what
Wed 04/09/02 at 19:00
Regular
I think a good point is that this is only the 2nd PS2 game that that mag has given 10/10 to. And I doubt they would be being *TOO* biased in thier opinion seeing as it is an multi-platform game.
Wed 04/09/02 at 18:55
Regular
"EXCUSE ME"
Asher D told us that it is all about gameplay (great point there Asher D). So when you go in to your local games shop(s) just ask if they will put ts2 in the ps2 for you and then you can decide fore yourself.

Note: Not all shops will let you do this.

Cool out
Wed 04/09/02 at 17:17
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Timesplitters 2 looks great, can't wait to get hold of a copy.

I cant wait too.

IT looks good but the thing that really makes me want it is the map editor thing.

That way you can never say the levels are boring as you can make your own.

I have great ideas for multi and 1 player.

Multi put in some kinda thing which makes it look like a wall bet it opens to a sniper/camp site and you can kill everyone.

And in one player out you on a massive platform, endless sniper bullets and the rest of the enemies in one room which you can see the whole of.
Wed 04/09/02 at 17:14
Regular
i wouldnt mind 10/10, or even 5/5, its just when games start getting 10/10 and from that theres no diffrence but in percentages there is.

But of course some people will hate certian games so that will narrow it down.

And about playing them first, thats what i used to do on N64 and PS1 but the shop that rents them out hasnt got any in stock yet. The shop whcih let you play them closed and my mates wont becuase they dont want it to get damaged.

This is when demos would sort out all the problems.
Wed 04/09/02 at 17:13
Regular
Timesplitters 2 looks great, can't wait to get hold of a copy.

Oh and the 10 out of 10 score doesn't mean it's perfect, it's like a game getting 5 out of 5 it just means it's really good.
Wed 04/09/02 at 17:11
Regular
Ok.

Percentages are necessary if you desperately need to compare games, but I think you should be able to do that by review alone - or just playing them even.

From what I've seen of TS2, it doesn't look very 10/10 to me, but that's just me disagreeing with someone's score.

I think that ratings out of 5 are fine.
Wed 04/09/02 at 17:08
Regular
Strafex wrote:
> 5/5 Classic. Almost (not doesn't have to be absolutely) flawless.

Yeah sure i understand that but mags never know whats around teh corner.
TS2 gets 10/10 becuase its the best at the mo, but then games will come out better and soon enough the 5/5 or 10/10 will have about 20 games in it when if it was % it would have 10 in the 90-92% 5 in the 93-94% and 3 in the 95-96% and the other 2 in the 98%.

But the game that would fall into 90-92% would be seen as good as the game that would have fallen into the 98%. Thats like saying that all star baseball and perfect dark are both as good as each other.
Wed 04/09/02 at 17:04
Regular
NaŠ†Ÿ_Nêighßoû® wrote:
> Games which are good will get 9/10 and the person buying the game
> will then need to decide out of them.

El blokey wrote:
> That's bullcrap

So what your saying is that if you had the money for a new game and you saw 2 games got 9/10 then you would buy one that is 7/10.

Well i wouldnt.

All i mean is that now TS2 has 10/10 a game that is a million times better then it will also get 10/10 making it look like both are good.

If it was percentage than maybe TS2 would have got 93%
And the other game would have got 96%

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.