GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If God created man..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/09/02 at 12:14
Regular
Now, bible bashers say that God created man "in his own image".

So basically we're made up to look like him.

Please tell me what need Gods ever had for five toes on each foot, nose hair, eyebrows or opposable thumbs?

Our bodies fit our environment well, so it would be fair to say that any God creating us in his/her/its own image would also have originally come from a similar environment.

Would it also follow then, that "God", should he exist, is merely a higher from of intelligence, evolved or enhanced to his poweful state? A being from another planet, millions of years ahead of our own in terms of life, society and technology?

Certainly, a God would have no call for form at all, much less one so obviously designed to exist on solid ground, and not cloudy, spacy heavens. In a time where evolution theory is being put into question by the masterful structure of dna, the possibility of a "grand scheme" as opposed to simple "natural selection" is increasingly more likely to some scientists.

With this in mind, the whole idea of the bible and other religious transcripts is going to come under a lot of scrutiny, and the first thing that falls down for me is man being made in the image of a ground pounding body designed to manipulate small instruments and tools for it's own purposes. If that is what God is, then what purpose do we serve for him?

What is the grand scheme, and what part is mankind to play in it?

Imagine if you will if humans ever evolved to the same sort of status as God. A race of people capable of living in the stars, manipulating entire solar systems to hold only the life which they dictate should be there. Imagine if such humans still hold the competitive grudges that they do today, and God shaped worlds are called to war with each other.

Imagine the God that wins, having shaped an army of intelligent creatures capable of shaping their own weapons. A race which becomes more dangerous with each generation.

Think about it. If God exists, and can see we are destroying a world which is his creation, why does he do nothing? I'll tell you why. Because with everything we destroy, we learn. Not how to fix it, but how we destroyed it. We craft weapons of war, now powerful enough to crack open entire worlds if concentrated enough. It's only a matter of time before we reach to the stars, and then, if this mysterious God in who's form we are crafted indeed exists, we will be drafted into service into whatever designs he has harboured since our very inception as a species.

Personally, I would rather believe that we evolved. It's much less frightening.
Tue 10/09/02 at 09:39
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
VenomByte wrote:

>
> Did you know that many egyptian wall paintings look rather like
> humanoids in space suits?

Hey - what a great idea for a film and tv series that would make !!
Mon 09/09/02 at 20:09
Regular
"smile, it's free"
On the original post... that's a very interesting idea. Shame it wasn't looked at a little more, instead of people moaning about whether or not the bible says we are similar in appearance to god. Or God, even.

Who's to say whether people a couple thousand years ago would know the difference between a 'miracle', and very advanced technology? Suppose Mary was abducted, and impregnated, hence the virgin birth. Suppose Jesus was some sort of highly developed extra terrestrial, or perhaps genetically engineered specifially for the purpose of gathering belief. COul that have been done? And who's to say that many 'miracles' a couple thousand years ago, couldn't have been created by highly advanced technology. Or to an extreme, telekentic powers that the alien race may have developed. It could all work so, so easily.

Did you know that many egyptian wall paintings look rather like humanoids in space suits?

Not that I'm saying any of this is true. But perhaps just as believable as the teachings many religions are based on, yes?
Mon 09/09/02 at 09:35
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Stu2 wrote:

> No. after all I AM GOD!!!!!!
>
> Mooohahahahahahaha!!!
> -ahem-
> sleeeepy.....

Shut up dick-head. - (said in an arrogant gittish type way !)
Sun 08/09/02 at 06:47
Regular
"~a Libertine~"
Mystique wrote:
> Shush

No. after all I AM GOD!!!!!!

Mooohahahahahahaha!!!
-ahem-
sleeeepy.....
Thu 05/09/02 at 16:15
Regular
Shush
Thu 05/09/02 at 16:11
Regular
Mystique wrote:
> > Bet it turns out crap..

--

Yup.
Thu 05/09/02 at 14:16
Regular
SHEEPY wrote:
> \o/
>  |
> /\ M... C... A
\o/
|
/\

o
/|\
/\

o
|<
/\

/o\
|
/\

Bet it turns out crap..
Thu 05/09/02 at 10:26
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Stryke wrote:

> I agree. In fact, it doesn't just irritate me. People who are
> religious are the biggest bunch of arrogant gits ever.

I'm not arrogant and I'm not a git - though maybe some people will disagree with the second bit.
Wed 04/09/02 at 21:16
Regular
"You've upset me"
I'm not religious but I've heard this arguement used by many Christians in arguments with them about the Theory of Evolution and the like.

God didn't create man in his own physical image but in his image as a leader of the planet Earth.

Simple.
If that's true though it means that God wants us to poisen the planet and melt the icecaps etc.
Wed 04/09/02 at 21:00
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Mr Ripper wrote:
> when your chest itches, you scratch it.
> when your back itches, who will scratch it for you?

The wife...?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.