GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No point"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/09/02 at 20:54
Regular
There is absolutley no point whats so ever for buying an Xbox now. With Microsoft making games for Xbox as well as the PC there's point in getting a Xbox if all the games that you want on it are to come to the PC a month after.

Nearly everyone has got a PC in their homes (otherwise we wouldn't be chating here now) so they don't need another console just for the games and the DVD drive because the PC has them all.

Also the PC won't catch fire if left on all day unlike the Xbox, which offers only a measly one hour 0f gameplay until it burns throught either the table or carpet.

So basically all you have to do is:
1: Wait an extra mnth for the game you want
2: It saves you £5- £10 pounds on a game
3: It saves you £150 on an Xbox (which could be used to buy a new graphics card instead
4: Can offer all day gameplay without burn marks on the furniture.
and 5: You can use the DVD player without paying another £30's on the controller.

This time I want positve responses from people who agree with what I have stated
Tue 03/09/02 at 21:13
"The Will of D."
No, my friend owns almost every new console and decided that he wants an Xbox for just one certain game, which he knows is coming to the PC, but his PC is crap so he can't get the game for it. I just came up with the topic from this but in a different perspective.
Tue 03/09/02 at 21:07
Regular
"bit of a brain"
XBOX. Tell me what game you would want on this. Apart from Halo, which is coming out on PC anyway. Please, go on tell me.
Tue 03/09/02 at 21:01
"The Will of D."
Don't know and never will, becuase at the moment I've never even touched an Xbox (Shudders at the thought of it) bbbbbrrrrrrrr.
Tue 03/09/02 at 20:58
Regular
GSmaster wrote:
> Also the PC won't catch fire if left on all day unlike the Xbox, which
> offers only a measly one hour 0f gameplay until it burns throught
> either the table or carpet.

is that right about only being able to leave it on for an hour.
Tue 03/09/02 at 20:56
good idea very expensive cofee table
Tue 03/09/02 at 20:54
"The Will of D."
There is absolutley no point whats so ever for buying an Xbox now. With Microsoft making games for Xbox as well as the PC there's point in getting a Xbox if all the games that you want on it are to come to the PC a month after.

Nearly everyone has got a PC in their homes (otherwise we wouldn't be chating here now) so they don't need another console just for the games and the DVD drive because the PC has them all.

Also the PC won't catch fire if left on all day unlike the Xbox, which offers only a measly one hour 0f gameplay until it burns throught either the table or carpet.

So basically all you have to do is:
1: Wait an extra mnth for the game you want
2: It saves you £5- £10 pounds on a game
3: It saves you £150 on an Xbox (which could be used to buy a new graphics card instead
4: Can offer all day gameplay without burn marks on the furniture.
and 5: You can use the DVD player without paying another £30's on the controller.

This time I want positve responses from people who agree with what I have stated

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.