GetDotted Domains

At GetDotted, a 1 year .co.uk, .uk, .me.uk or .org.uk registration is now just £1.95 ex VAT.

Search Domains Now

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft buy Rare?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/09/02 at 13:47
Regular
Posts: 787
Thought you guys would be intrested in this if you haven't already see it

Please not that none of this article has been confirmed yet, and it's all just rumour.

Activision didn't have enough money, but Bill 'Richie Rich' Gates's company was willing to knock down 350 million for them. This is about 500 million Euro/dollar.

Microsoft is said to have held a meeting recently with Rare in a hotel near Twycross, the developer's base. A deal was made, and Microsoft will make make a big announcement at their X02 event in Seville later this month, where the company will showcase new exclusive Xbox titles.

The rumour continues. Perfect Dar Zero will be developed exclusively for Xbox. That would also be the reason why we haven't heard from it anymore since last year's E3.

Hmmmmm is this true, you guess is as good as mine.
Tue 10/09/02 at 22:22
Posts: 0
~Res~ wrote:
> Strafex wrote:
> Possibly for some...
>
> But either way, it's time to move on now.
>
>
> well if you say so a :)


Behave res *Whack*
Tue 10/09/02 at 22:22
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Posts: 11,080
And stop spamming to try and become a regular again!

Quote a whole message?
Tue 10/09/02 at 22:18
Regular
"RIP Resurrection"
Posts: 334
Strafex wrote:
> Possibly for some...
>
> But either way, it's time to move on now.


well if you say so a :)
Tue 10/09/02 at 22:17
Posts: 0
Strafex wrote:
> Possibly for some...
>
> But either way, it's time to move on now.


I agree Res listen to the PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER lol Only joking btw I aint that sad to take the role seriously
Tue 10/09/02 at 22:15
Regular
Posts: 9,848
Possibly for some...

But either way, it's time to move on now.
Tue 10/09/02 at 16:59
Regular
"RIP Resurrection"
Posts: 334
Strafex wrote:
> Right...
>
> Firstly Res, these debates have been going on since the forum began.
> It's what you call a discussion in a discussion forum.
>
> The reason why people got fed up with you was because of making valid
> points, you just posted stupid senseless comments.
>
> Look at my and savatts posts.
> I think you'll see the difference between them and:
>
> "Gaycube sucks bcos its got mario for ikle kiddies!
> hahahahaha!"
>
> "xbox sucks cos it dont fit in my house and all the games a crap
> so there!!!!!!!!!!!!"
>
>
> That's why PS2/GC/Xbox/PC/DC etc fans alike, all hate those little
> newbie fanboys who can't argue but only cuss like a little 5 year
> old.
> Follow our lead and you can argue your opinion without making a
> complete and utter twonk out of yourself! :-)


yeah but it was funny.
Tue 10/09/02 at 15:39
Regular
Posts: 9,848
Right...

Firstly Res, these debates have been going on since the forum began.
It's what you call a discussion in a discussion forum.

The reason why people got fed up with you was because of making valid points, you just posted stupid senseless comments.

Look at my and savatts posts.
I think you'll see the difference between them and:

"Gaycube sucks bcos its got mario for ikle kiddies! hahahahaha!"

"xbox sucks cos it dont fit in my house and all the games a crap so there!!!!!!!!!!!!"


That's why PS2/GC/Xbox/PC/DC etc fans alike, all hate those little newbie fanboys who can't argue but only cuss like a little 5 year old.
Follow our lead and you can argue your opinion without making a complete and utter twonk out of yourself! :-)
Tue 10/09/02 at 11:11
Regular
"RIP Resurrection"
Posts: 334
why why and why again are we still doing this GC Vs X box arguments. i can't even be bothered anymore!!!

can't we just accept that some people (for some unknown reason) like the crappy GC and some people (the ones in the know) like the x box.

oh and maybe a few like the PS2 and PC like meself.


anyway my point is that i know i started this crap to begin with as it really got to me but can we just drop it now? please?

i'm seeing the same old arguments and to be fair some are just plane dumb.

some games just can't be compared, like GTA 3 for example there is nothing like it at the moment that even comes close to beating it, why? cause there's nothing to be compared to.


ok lets just read through some old posts and have a laugh, go on the comments and insults are a nights entertainment (or errr morning/afternoon)


oh and the X Box is still better LOL
Tue 10/09/02 at 10:16
Regular
Posts: 9,848
Savatt78 wrote:
> Basically I have no problem playing a Nintendo game, I just enjoy
> other games more nowadays. :-)

That sounds more like it! :-)

> With the kiddie image stuff, I'm saying that although Ninty games are
> playable, some people will see them as kiddie and they shouldn't be
> made to feel like idiots for having this opinion as they are looking
> at games from a different perspective. Thats where my comparrisons
> came into it.

Ok. But you do know that the very same people would slate JSR etc.
I know some like Mario but not JSR and vice a versa, but that's usually more down to Nintendo/Sega zealotism rather than anything else...

> I probably wouldn't mind Mario Sunshine - but I prefer other games
> nowadays more than Mario and the same goes for other people.

I'm all for variety.
I want games with light hearted platforming AND intense wars and shoot outs.
That's why I'm planning to get Mario and Timesplitters.
The Gamecube gives the best of both worlds! :-)
Tue 10/09/02 at 09:24
Regular
"RIP Resurrection"
Posts: 334
Intoxicated Hippy wrote:
> These reply are getting stupidly long, makes my head hurt just looking
> at them.
>
> How does the song go...
>
> You say Tomatoe I say Tomato, Tomatoe Tomato, Potatoe Potato etc etc
>
> If you catch my drift (God I feel like I'm trying to sell a crap
> chocolate bar that tastes like cardboard)


took me a while but i finaly got the drift joke LOL actualy that was pretty poor so why am i laughing?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.