GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hold your breath for the end of the month.."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/09/02 at 02:52
Regular
Cube Europe have reported a rumour that Microsoft have bought Rare for $350 million. It's said there going to announce it at their X-box show at the end of the month, along with X-box exclusives such as Perfect Dark Zero.

I doubt this is true, but at least with this rumour we will know at the end of September..

Also Animal Leader isn't being released in Europe *cries*
And Doshin isn't being released in America.
Wed 04/09/02 at 20:14
Regular
~Resurection~ wrote:
> yeah also if rare do go then it'll make you cry and we don't want that
> do we

I think it's a real shame Microsoft have to buy innovation. The fact that Nintendo have something no X-Box developer could ever have keeps me as far away from tears than ever.
Wed 04/09/02 at 02:37
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Well it will make X-box owners cry for joy because they finally have a
> game worth owning.

cry in pain as we get ninty rejects more like
Wed 04/09/02 at 02:28
Regular
Well it will make X-box owners cry for joy because they finally have a game worth owning.
Wed 04/09/02 at 02:26
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
Maverick42 wrote:
> But StarFox Adventures is a joint Nintendo and Rare project, surely
> that will increase the friendship between the two companies?

yeah also if rare do go then it'll make you cry and we don't want that do we :)
Tue 03/09/02 at 22:07
Regular
But StarFox Adventures is a joint Nintendo and Rare project, surely that will increase the friendship between the two companies?
Tue 03/09/02 at 21:32
Regular
Whitestripes wrote:
> If they leave Nintendo it's because they want a change...

Yeah, either a change or a third of a billion dollars. Either way :^)
Tue 03/09/02 at 21:22
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Dammit Edgy stop trying to prove me wrong. The point is that Nintendo own AT LEAST a quarter of the company, so they're pretty much tied at the hip.
Tue 03/09/02 at 20:28
Regular
I don't think its true, I don't think Rare would 'leave' Nintendo, only to become exclusive developers for someone else. If they leave Nintendo it's because they want a change, but I think that would mean multi-format games, or like SEGA. Maybe some games will be X-Box exclusive, and others GC exclusive etc. Although I think that would probably leave us with DKR and Banjo Kazooie, and X-box with PD and Conker, which would suck. Especcialy seeing as Nintendo are working so hard to shed their kiddy image, and are gaining many more sales from it.
Tue 03/09/02 at 19:54
Regular
"Unretired"
What?

They have quite a lot of new cube games announced...

hopefully.....

awwww..
Tue 03/09/02 at 19:48
Regular
Wasn't there talk about rare anouncing a new cube game in some future issue of nom or something?

:^)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.