GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Charity"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/11/00 at 13:11
Regular
Just had a brilliant idea. Christmas soon, but just think about all those poor kids who won't be at home for that special day. Stuck in hospital or whatever. Here's the deal.

For the first 2 weeks in December, all Gameaday winners donate their winnings to Great Ormond Street Hospital for the kids there to reap the benefit of, from us. If we all agree to this, then perhaps we can lobby SR to send a console along with it, like a DC or something.

At least that way those guys know that someone is thinking of them, and it should make them a little happier over the festive period whilst the rest of us are burning turkeys and pulling crackers. I'm up for it. Should I win between the 1st and the 14th December then I'd happily donate my prize to them, as long as SR agree to it and send a console along too. Anyone else?
Sat 25/11/00 at 16:46
this one needs to go BACK TO THE TOP
Sat 25/11/00 at 13:06
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
if he was less kind, nice, then the regulars like Grix, Ant and you would win every day! and it gives you something to moan about.
Sat 25/11/00 at 12:01
Does Tony work here?
Sat 25/11/00 at 11:59
Hi I haven't read all the posts here, but I think the idea needs 'tweaking'.

If a game costs £30, SR will make £10, so I guess they'll be allowing us to win £280 worth of games, so I suggest that perhaps, maybe, with the help of SR, we could auction a celeberity auction (i.e. famous people help out) a DC, and say and DVD package + a couple of games, and then donate the money to children that are more in need than the kids at GOS.

But, then I could be wrong,
I agree with the concept though, and should I win between the 1st and 14th I will gladly donate the game. I think that AliG@ Special Reserve should try to be less 'kind' to newcomers posting, as most won't, although they don't have to.

Ok,.
Bye
Fri 24/11/00 at 23:49
Sorry
Fri 24/11/00 at 23:08
Regular
"not dead"
This is a great idea. If I win between now and Xmas I'll give up my prize to add to the pool for charity. But I do wish Jimmy wouldn't keep trying to push people in it. It's that kind of "tin rattling" that too often means i keep my hands in my pockets.
Fri 24/11/00 at 21:41
Sorry Sheepy, you dont have to give away your game to charity if you dont want too.. I understand what its like to be 14 years old and skint. If you win a Game your welcome to keep it, Games cost alot these days some £40 a pop.. and Thats alot of money for anyone to give away. Dont worry nobody will hold it against you.

You can help the poor in otherways for free at:

http://www.therainforestsite.com

Ali is also right, we dont have to go through Special Reserve to help the kids...If any of you have any old games you dont play anymore, why not give them into a charity shop. You dont get much on exchange at any of the computer shops, and it could give someone hours of fun..while helping a good cause.
Fri 24/11/00 at 20:13
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Cheers mate, I totally agree in the thing and I would give away my game if I had a decent amount of money!

P.S= Well done to all those who will give away their game!
Fri 24/11/00 at 20:09
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Sheepy, it's not a problem, honest, if you win you are welcome to keep your game. This idea was originally set up so that people, if they wanted, could make a charitable act. It is in no way compulsory, and not one forum member here will hold it against any other member should they wish to keep their prize, which is theirs by right, so don't worry about it mate.
Fri 24/11/00 at 20:05
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I am 14! I do not have a part time job anymore, the last game I got was when I won Gameaday and before that the last game I bought was in August.

I have very little money right now, I spent most of my net time on here, and I just have enough for buying Christmas presents for my FAMILY, I believe in charity and help when I can.

But if I win again it will just be like paying for the internet time I am on here!

Sorry but thats the reason why I can't agree!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.