GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The "C" word."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/09/02 at 18:46
Regular
Thats "compensation" by the way.

I have had a really bad day and although I have managed to keep it under control like a good girl for most of the day, I nearly lost it a minute ago.

I cannot stand the compensation addicted public at the second. They create a little ball of anger in my chest and make me want to scream. For example, a "friend" of mine who happens to work for a mail order company, today had to put up with a self centred, "the world revolves round me" customer demanding compensation as the couriers my "friends" company uses had delayed the delivery of the customers goods slightly.

The goods in question were purely for leisure purposes, and yes, maybe the customer felt a little disappointed at waiting for an extra day for their product, but Hey, it couldn't be helped.

Now this is a roundabout way of illustrating how people these days are desperate and determined to blame someone. And have this someone pay for the inconvenience. Okay, customers should expect good service, but when the staff work their socks off to provide this and then recieve demands and threats back when something is slightly less than perfect, it makes you wonder why you bother.

And don't even get me started on those goddamn "claims direct" advert.
Mon 02/09/02 at 19:13
Regular
VenomByte wrote:

Lots of stuff which is true.

It's just "accept this world is full of morons and take happiness and care for those that make you happy". Everytime a customer complains at me, I just remember that in the end, I'm better than them. Not for any reason of work, age, stature etc... but for the simple fact that they aren't very nice people, and have a lot to learn.

So I can basically just take any pointless complaint thrown at me. Sometimes they are justified, and I'll always make sure they get what they deserve then, and apolgise and stuff.
Mon 02/09/02 at 19:09
Regular
I'm sure many many people love this mail order company, and I'm sure many people love your "friend", so don't lose sleep. :0)

(Yeah, we love you, so stop moaning.)

Shut up you.
Mon 02/09/02 at 19:05
Regular
"smile, it's free"
"No fee too big, no problem too small"

I can't stand the whole compensation thing either. It seems to be getting worse, too - which may go some way to explain the 15000+ law student undergraduates currently striving for their qualifications.

A burglar injures himself whilst trespassing on private property? He can sue.

Your kid catches chickenpox? Sue the school.

Lost your job? If you're black, female, old, disabled, diabetic, asthmatic, bald, short sighted, long sighted, anorexic, overweight, ugly or just plain stupid you can probably take legal action.

Injured at work? Or in a public place? Or by someone else? Excellent. You have a case too.

Steak undercooked? Telly not waterproof? Fruit machine not pay out? Not to worry, our wonderful legal system will ensure your injustices are compensated for.

The customer is always right. Especially when they're wrong.
Mon 02/09/02 at 18:46
Regular
"waiting for 1950DA."
Thats "compensation" by the way.

I have had a really bad day and although I have managed to keep it under control like a good girl for most of the day, I nearly lost it a minute ago.

I cannot stand the compensation addicted public at the second. They create a little ball of anger in my chest and make me want to scream. For example, a "friend" of mine who happens to work for a mail order company, today had to put up with a self centred, "the world revolves round me" customer demanding compensation as the couriers my "friends" company uses had delayed the delivery of the customers goods slightly.

The goods in question were purely for leisure purposes, and yes, maybe the customer felt a little disappointed at waiting for an extra day for their product, but Hey, it couldn't be helped.

Now this is a roundabout way of illustrating how people these days are desperate and determined to blame someone. And have this someone pay for the inconvenience. Okay, customers should expect good service, but when the staff work their socks off to provide this and then recieve demands and threats back when something is slightly less than perfect, it makes you wonder why you bother.

And don't even get me started on those goddamn "claims direct" advert.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.