GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Getaway-will it beat THE GTA3?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/09/02 at 00:52
Regular
The new game ,from Team Soho and Sony, looks to be a great rival of GTA3. There are no "please wait: Loading" screens wen you walk into buildings or from completing a level to the mid-level cut-scene. Also there are no health bars or arrows to follow, you just have to look at how your character is walking to see how hurt he is and your car will indicate for when you should take a corner.
You play a character called mark Hammond who (in the first cut-scene) sees his wife murdered and son kidnapped. A lot of swear words and a car chase through your whole scenery, london, later(which you control) you are flowing through missions to find and get your kid back. You can also take a hostage and just cause havoc but the traffic may get you whilst being chased by the metropolitan police; it depends on the time of day.
The Team Soho production staff have been around london and have done their research because people who live in the city will recognize the backstreets asell as oxford street shops, like Marks & Spencer or HMV.
Because of the no load free flow gameplay, it comes out as an interactive movie and looks great aswell.
I can't wait to get it and i think it could also knock medal of honour Frontline off the topspot.
It comes out around Christmas.

P.S. all the cars you could want in london.

cheers :D
Sun 08/09/02 at 15:22
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
About the technology, so on, so forth.

I like finding out 'bout new stuff like that.

Or I should say - 'newish' stuff like that, but hey
Sun 08/09/02 at 15:16
"smelly!!"
What do you wanna know, yea i think they motion captured it
Sun 08/09/02 at 14:59
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Was this the game made with real people being connected up to computers and actually having their movements recorded?

Sure it was...any more information on how it worked?
Sun 08/09/02 at 14:57
"smelly!!"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> The Driver series provide a 'free ride' mode where you can just go
> exploring the cities, without the constraints of missions or time
> limits - and obviously you can do the same in GTA3 and Vice City. I
> hope they include something similar in The Getaway.

I think you unlock a free ride mode by completing it
Sat 07/09/02 at 02:11
"High polygon count"
The Driver series provide a 'free ride' mode where you can just go exploring the cities, without the constraints of missions or time limits - and obviously you can do the same in GTA3 and Vice City. I hope they include something similar in The Getaway.
Sat 07/09/02 at 01:49
"smelly!!"
ok cheers, yea i'm doin G.C.S.E P.E. and i'm really tired
Sat 07/09/02 at 01:45
Regular
"Notable"
do you live in london? It would be boss if you could see your house in a video game. You could park a pure sports car in the garage just for a laugh! I'm tired as hell, year 10 sure does take it out of yer. I'm off now but I 'll keep posting to find out new info and stuff maybe over the weekend. Later
Sat 07/09/02 at 01:36
"smelly!!"
All over london town, in a non timed mission you can scream through the soho backstreets or all across london
Sat 07/09/02 at 01:33
Regular
"Notable"
the location the game takes place, is it various parts of london put together or just a main place in london?
Sat 07/09/02 at 01:30
"smelly!!"
not yet, but i'm going to soon

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.