GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Getaway-will it beat THE GTA3?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/09/02 at 00:52
Regular
The new game ,from Team Soho and Sony, looks to be a great rival of GTA3. There are no "please wait: Loading" screens wen you walk into buildings or from completing a level to the mid-level cut-scene. Also there are no health bars or arrows to follow, you just have to look at how your character is walking to see how hurt he is and your car will indicate for when you should take a corner.
You play a character called mark Hammond who (in the first cut-scene) sees his wife murdered and son kidnapped. A lot of swear words and a car chase through your whole scenery, london, later(which you control) you are flowing through missions to find and get your kid back. You can also take a hostage and just cause havoc but the traffic may get you whilst being chased by the metropolitan police; it depends on the time of day.
The Team Soho production staff have been around london and have done their research because people who live in the city will recognize the backstreets asell as oxford street shops, like Marks & Spencer or HMV.
Because of the no load free flow gameplay, it comes out as an interactive movie and looks great aswell.
I can't wait to get it and i think it could also knock medal of honour Frontline off the topspot.
It comes out around Christmas.

P.S. all the cars you could want in london.

cheers :D
Sun 01/09/02 at 00:52
"smelly!!"
The new game ,from Team Soho and Sony, looks to be a great rival of GTA3. There are no "please wait: Loading" screens wen you walk into buildings or from completing a level to the mid-level cut-scene. Also there are no health bars or arrows to follow, you just have to look at how your character is walking to see how hurt he is and your car will indicate for when you should take a corner.
You play a character called mark Hammond who (in the first cut-scene) sees his wife murdered and son kidnapped. A lot of swear words and a car chase through your whole scenery, london, later(which you control) you are flowing through missions to find and get your kid back. You can also take a hostage and just cause havoc but the traffic may get you whilst being chased by the metropolitan police; it depends on the time of day.
The Team Soho production staff have been around london and have done their research because people who live in the city will recognize the backstreets asell as oxford street shops, like Marks & Spencer or HMV.
Because of the no load free flow gameplay, it comes out as an interactive movie and looks great aswell.
I can't wait to get it and i think it could also knock medal of honour Frontline off the topspot.
It comes out around Christmas.

P.S. all the cars you could want in london.

cheers :D
Sun 01/09/02 at 00:53
"smelly!!"
Give me your thoughts on it

Cheers, :D
Sun 01/09/02 at 01:03
"High polygon count"
I think The Getaway will beat GTA3, but I'm not sure about GTA Vice City.

Having said that, while they are very similar games, they are also quite different.

The GTA series are really 'fun' games with an almost cartoon-like quality to the violence.

The Getaway is much more real-world, from the storyline to the graphical presentation.

I'm certainly getting both - I've claimed them as my last two GAD prizes! :-)
Sun 01/09/02 at 01:15
"smelly!!"
well i'm hoping to win with this because i put a review in to, then i'll get it.

P.S. thanx for replyin :o)
Tue 03/09/02 at 14:11
"smelly!!"
Has anybody else seen it, come on. it's excellent
Tue 03/09/02 at 14:23
Regular
"  "
I read the whole PSW preview which was great. The human shield mode sounds good but the fogging looks a bit naff. Still looks great, I wish I knew more of London. :(

I bet you SR staff are well looking forward to driving up to HMV and shooting the windows out.
Tue 03/09/02 at 14:32
"smelly!!"
There is also an automatic target locking for lesser able gamers. I really like the fact that you have to look out for your indicator on your car for when to turn

Can't wait till release :oD
Tue 03/09/02 at 14:36
Regular
"  "
Kind of like your very own KITT ou of Knight Rider.
Tue 03/09/02 at 15:21
Regular
"Notable"
When is the release date for the getaway? Apparently its been in developement for 3 years.Is this the game were youre a crooked cop?and you start in a prison?
Tue 03/09/02 at 16:39
Regular
"Whatever!"
> When is the release date for the getaway?

I think the release date is the 29th November - Im thinking of pre ordering it soon cause I reckon its going to be extremely popular!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.