GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Algebra - X = CRAP!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/08/02 at 19:43
Regular
Here are a few reasons why the X-Box won't make it past christmas 2004...

~Just a PC

It has an image that it is just a PC in diguse. This may not be true, but once the public get something into there heads, it is impossible to get it out. Microsoft didn't help the situation by having all that storage space on the console - like a PC has memory.

~By Microsoft

Anybody who has ever used a PC that has windows on will have cursed Bill Gates once because of it crashing. It's bad enough when you are in the middle of a battle on Unreal Tournament, but what about when you are approaching the final whistle on FIFA and it goes? Okay, so this might not happen, but I still wouldn' trust them after my strife with Microsoft

~Coffee Table

Look at the size of the darn thing for gods sake. If I didn't know better I would just think it was an overpriced coffee table. What you really don't want is a console that takes up half of the living room.

~No 'Mascot'

All the best developers have mascots. Nintendo have Mario and Zelda, Sega has Sonic, Sony has Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, but who has the X-Box got? Abe aside, they have no-one, and a mascot is what you really need to kick start your sales.

~Half Price

When First released, the X-Box was a massive £300, which fell to £200 a few months later. Now, as an attempt to pick up sales they have lower it another £40. Some may say it is competition, but I say it is desperateness.

~Control Bricks

The control pads, like the console itself, are huge. When are you ever going to need 3 contol sticks? it shows its hugeness when you have to press pause. With any other pad its simple. Not with the X-Box. You have to lift your hand to press it, a definate turn-off. How can you enjoy games if you have to think about the control pad all the time?

Discuss these... NOW!
Mon 02/09/02 at 00:22
Regular
Nomad Soul wrote:
> Don't hold it against me, but I support Man Utd. And yes - before
> anyone asks - I do live in Manchester.

Pfft! That should be a banning offense on SR! Me and my dad are 2 of the most anti united fans you can find! Stand up if you hate Man U is my favourite chant at Leeds ;)
Mon 02/09/02 at 00:15
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Heh.

And here I am supporting Wolves. Although it's not a big thing, I'm not really that kean on football. It's just who I say I support if people ask.
Mon 02/09/02 at 00:14
Regular
Don't hold it against me, but I support Man Utd. And yes - before anyone asks - I do live in Manchester.
Mon 02/09/02 at 00:04
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Bless, someone has to. ;-)
Sun 01/09/02 at 21:41
Regular
*Walks in*

I support Nottingham Forest

*swiftly strolls out*
Sun 01/09/02 at 00:10
Regular
Robert, Bellamy, Cort and Acuna are still out due to injury. O'Brien came on as a sub during the week and he is back in full training so the suspect defence *coughdabizascough* should present one of the best I have seen in a long time at Newcastle. Bramble was sheer class during the week and to be honest Owen isn't consistent enough for my liking and I feel that the pace of Bramble can handle him. I actually think Newcastle will sneak the game but as you say it is very hard to predict. Newcastle won't have a full squad back for 2 weeks yet and I feel that bringing Viana into Left central (where he plays for Portugal under 21's) will benefit from an unfit and in-consistant Speed. With a full team Newcaslte can compete with the best, Bobby Robson coming to the club is the best thing that has happened since Tino Asprilla joined back in the Keegan days *drools at 3-2 victory over Barcelona with Tino's hat-trick*.

Should be a great game and I can't wait!
Sat 31/08/02 at 23:52
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Not to mention the 4-3 when Fowler slammed in the last goal in injury time. ;-) As for Monday, I'll be watching it on Sky Sports. Its hard to think of a score, but if Owen has a good day your in trouble given his record against you.
I think it'll be close and I think there will be goals on both sides. I'm gonna go for 2-1 to Liverpool, possibly 3-1. ;-)
Sat 31/08/02 at 23:43
Regular
I agree, going to a mtach is superb and nothing like the TV or Radio! What do you think about Monday Savatt, Liverpool vs Newcaslte, I will be listening to it on NUFC radio, but I won't be speaking to you for a while if Newcaslte can't shake off past meetings between the 2! The classic games of 1999, 4-3 and it was Collymore who lobbed given for the 4th! I was guuted.
Sat 31/08/02 at 23:32
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I'm a Liverpool fan. ;-) Hoping we can do it this season, but I think we need a winger. I goto Anfield when I can - nothing like the atmosphere of being at a football match. ;-)
Sat 31/08/02 at 23:12
Regular
I am a loyal NEWCASTLE fan, I have the magazine subscription, NUFC Radio, visit the site every day and I also go up there when my dad isn't working :) We go to Leeds though as I don't mind watching them and my dad was a season ticket holder for 14 seasons, he even went to the european cup final! He ahs all the programs and his ticket to the final, he is Leeds all the way! Its not bad watching Leeds but when Newcaslte came down last season it was sweet, we had to go in the away stand! 88 Minutes as Solan slots home to make it 3-4, what a game, Dyer ran rings around Harte!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.