GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Algebra - X = CRAP!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/08/02 at 19:43
Regular
Here are a few reasons why the X-Box won't make it past christmas 2004...

~Just a PC

It has an image that it is just a PC in diguse. This may not be true, but once the public get something into there heads, it is impossible to get it out. Microsoft didn't help the situation by having all that storage space on the console - like a PC has memory.

~By Microsoft

Anybody who has ever used a PC that has windows on will have cursed Bill Gates once because of it crashing. It's bad enough when you are in the middle of a battle on Unreal Tournament, but what about when you are approaching the final whistle on FIFA and it goes? Okay, so this might not happen, but I still wouldn' trust them after my strife with Microsoft

~Coffee Table

Look at the size of the darn thing for gods sake. If I didn't know better I would just think it was an overpriced coffee table. What you really don't want is a console that takes up half of the living room.

~No 'Mascot'

All the best developers have mascots. Nintendo have Mario and Zelda, Sega has Sonic, Sony has Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, but who has the X-Box got? Abe aside, they have no-one, and a mascot is what you really need to kick start your sales.

~Half Price

When First released, the X-Box was a massive £300, which fell to £200 a few months later. Now, as an attempt to pick up sales they have lower it another £40. Some may say it is competition, but I say it is desperateness.

~Control Bricks

The control pads, like the console itself, are huge. When are you ever going to need 3 contol sticks? it shows its hugeness when you have to press pause. With any other pad its simple. Not with the X-Box. You have to lift your hand to press it, a definate turn-off. How can you enjoy games if you have to think about the control pad all the time?

Discuss these... NOW!
Sat 31/08/02 at 13:58
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
madlads35 wrote:
> i was but bin laden flew me back for free

Wow, hated by millions and Bin Laden still has standards when it comes to picking his friends. Its not looking good for you is it mate. ;-)
Sat 31/08/02 at 13:47
Regular
You mean the post I did 119 days a go? When one of the stupid Ninties did a post like this? Whitestripes I couldn't care less what you think, grow up! Phi11p, Maverick, Sibs and Cyclone and er-no have all accepted my reasoning for doing it and I have also admitted how stupis I was for doing it but idiots like you bring things up from the past. The sad thing is that you even remember posts like that, just goes to shows how boring life must be in your house, don't you have a life? You are the only one who still finds it funny because we have all moved on in here and if you ask most to all of the people from this forum and they will say the same thing! It helps to get out of the house every now and again though, Oh by the way everyone back in 1999 someone won GAD on the 26/04, that was a very funny post. Just thought I would also point out that you did a post about the Xbox saying how rubbish it was, do you remember that one? No didn't think so, you are too busy trying to dig up old dirt that is long gone.

By the way Arsenal won the premiership, the grass is still green, the sky is still blue and we now have *CARS*, go check them out sometime :D
Sat 31/08/02 at 13:43
Regular
"Festivus!"
i was but bin laden flew me back for free
Sat 31/08/02 at 13:11
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
madlads35 wrote:
> ra ra rasputty!

Weren't you supposed to be sodding off and leading the life of a hermit right now ?
Sat 31/08/02 at 08:58
Regular
"Festivus!"
ra ra rasputty!
Sat 31/08/02 at 04:21
Regular
garbe123 wrote:
> ! This is probably the funniest thread I have ever
> read

I think the funniest thread ever was one of your fanboy crap spouting threads from a while ago. I remember the end being especially funny, how did it go?

THE X-BOX IS GOING TO LAY THE SMACK DOWN ON ALL YOU NINTY JABRONIS!!!!!!

Except with worse spelling, classic.
Sat 31/08/02 at 01:35
Regular
Anyone who hasn't read this post from the beginning I advise you wisely to go back! This is probably the funniest thread I have ever read and the replies are absolute classics! Just start on page 6 and work your way back I can guarentee that like Maverick and I, you will be wiping tears from your eyes!
Sat 31/08/02 at 01:03
maveric hi do you know the requirements to be a regular
yours the most hated ever rockin nanan aka tosh
Sat 31/08/02 at 01:00
Regular
LOL! ROFL! LMAO! ROTFLMAO!!!

[wipes tear from eye]

This is one of the funniest things I've read.. ever! Ah.. Shame, I've got to get rid of my 'MADLADS FOR PRESIDENT!' banners now, and extinguish that flaming pile of X-Boxes.
Sat 31/08/02 at 00:25
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.