GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Algebra - X = CRAP!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/08/02 at 19:43
Regular
Here are a few reasons why the X-Box won't make it past christmas 2004...

~Just a PC

It has an image that it is just a PC in diguse. This may not be true, but once the public get something into there heads, it is impossible to get it out. Microsoft didn't help the situation by having all that storage space on the console - like a PC has memory.

~By Microsoft

Anybody who has ever used a PC that has windows on will have cursed Bill Gates once because of it crashing. It's bad enough when you are in the middle of a battle on Unreal Tournament, but what about when you are approaching the final whistle on FIFA and it goes? Okay, so this might not happen, but I still wouldn' trust them after my strife with Microsoft

~Coffee Table

Look at the size of the darn thing for gods sake. If I didn't know better I would just think it was an overpriced coffee table. What you really don't want is a console that takes up half of the living room.

~No 'Mascot'

All the best developers have mascots. Nintendo have Mario and Zelda, Sega has Sonic, Sony has Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, but who has the X-Box got? Abe aside, they have no-one, and a mascot is what you really need to kick start your sales.

~Half Price

When First released, the X-Box was a massive £300, which fell to £200 a few months later. Now, as an attempt to pick up sales they have lower it another £40. Some may say it is competition, but I say it is desperateness.

~Control Bricks

The control pads, like the console itself, are huge. When are you ever going to need 3 contol sticks? it shows its hugeness when you have to press pause. With any other pad its simple. Not with the X-Box. You have to lift your hand to press it, a definate turn-off. How can you enjoy games if you have to think about the control pad all the time?

Discuss these... NOW!
Fri 30/08/02 at 19:43
Regular
"Festivus!"
Here are a few reasons why the X-Box won't make it past christmas 2004...

~Just a PC

It has an image that it is just a PC in diguse. This may not be true, but once the public get something into there heads, it is impossible to get it out. Microsoft didn't help the situation by having all that storage space on the console - like a PC has memory.

~By Microsoft

Anybody who has ever used a PC that has windows on will have cursed Bill Gates once because of it crashing. It's bad enough when you are in the middle of a battle on Unreal Tournament, but what about when you are approaching the final whistle on FIFA and it goes? Okay, so this might not happen, but I still wouldn' trust them after my strife with Microsoft

~Coffee Table

Look at the size of the darn thing for gods sake. If I didn't know better I would just think it was an overpriced coffee table. What you really don't want is a console that takes up half of the living room.

~No 'Mascot'

All the best developers have mascots. Nintendo have Mario and Zelda, Sega has Sonic, Sony has Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, but who has the X-Box got? Abe aside, they have no-one, and a mascot is what you really need to kick start your sales.

~Half Price

When First released, the X-Box was a massive £300, which fell to £200 a few months later. Now, as an attempt to pick up sales they have lower it another £40. Some may say it is competition, but I say it is desperateness.

~Control Bricks

The control pads, like the console itself, are huge. When are you ever going to need 3 contol sticks? it shows its hugeness when you have to press pause. With any other pad its simple. Not with the X-Box. You have to lift your hand to press it, a definate turn-off. How can you enjoy games if you have to think about the control pad all the time?

Discuss these... NOW!
Fri 30/08/02 at 19:53
Regular
Great post definate GAD!
Fri 30/08/02 at 19:58
Regular
LOL! Great post! That'll give that complete loser Mr Gates who hasn't achieved anything something to think about! You're really making an impression! In fact, this should be a GAD! We have our next notable people!

Totally True! Totally GAD Material!
Fri 30/08/02 at 20:02
Regular
OMFG you are such a retard.

madlads35 wrote:
> Here are a few reasons why the X-Box won't make it past christmas
> 2004...
> ~Just a PC
>
> It has an image that it is just a PC in diguse. This may not be true,
> but once the public get something into there heads, it is impossible
> to get it out. Microsoft didn't help the situation by having all that
> storage space on the console - like a PC has memory.

The PS2, GC and Xbox have memory, does that make them PC's? NO!

The Xbox is a *games console* Yes a GAMES CONSOLE, No need to update graphics cards, drivers. The Hard drive is used for faster loading times and vast gameworlds.

> ~By Microsoft
>
> Anybody who has ever used a PC that has windows on will have cursed
> Bill Gates once because of it crashing. It's bad enough when you are
> in the middle of a battle on Unreal Tournament, but what about when
> you are approaching the final whistle on FIFA and it goes? Okay, so
> this might not happen, but I still wouldn' trust them after my strife
> with Microsoft

WTF?

Windows = Operating System
Xbox = Games console

In fact Windows does'nt crash, its the programs that people put on it that work incorrectly with the system causing it to crash.

> ~Coffee Table
>
> Look at the size of the darn thing for gods sake. If I didn't know
> better I would just think it was an overpriced coffee table. What you
> really don't want is a console that takes up half of the living
> room.

What a retarded 12-year old style remark, The xbox is'nt much bigger than the PS2. Its not big at all.

> ~No 'Mascot'
>
> All the best developers have mascots. Nintendo have Mario and Zelda,
> Sega has Sonic, Sony has Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, but who has the
> X-Box got? Abe aside, they have no-one, and a mascot is what you
> really need to kick start your sales.

Master Cheif and Blinx.

> ~Half Price
>
> When First released, the X-Box was a massive £300, which fell
> to £200 a few months later. Now, as an attempt to pick up sales
> they have lower it another £40. Some may say it is competition,
> but I say it is desperateness.

CONSOLE WAR, Its called buisness with christmas just around the cornor, no-one wants a pricey console.

> ~Control Bricks
>
> The control pads, like the console itself, are huge. When are you ever
> going to need 3 contol sticks?

There are 2 Thumbsticks. The controller is just right for me.

> it shows its hugeness when you have to
> press pause. With any other pad its simple. Not with the X-Box. You
> have to lift your hand to press it, a definate turn-off.

I just move my thumb to the start button. Simple, no lifting of hands....

> How can you
> enjoy games if you have to think about the control pad all the time?

I don't have a fetish over control pads, so i don't think about them and just carry on with my game.....

You are the most retarded person i have met since Techno Freak....
Fri 30/08/02 at 20:04
*waits for 100 post long thread to start about spelling errors*
Fri 30/08/02 at 20:20
Regular
I don't think madlads is a retard, gamezfreak. In fact...

MADLADS FOR PRIME MINISTER!

[starts campaign][burns a few X-Boxes]
Fri 30/08/02 at 20:20
Regular
"Festivus!"
gamezfreak wrote:
> OMFG you are such a retard.
>
> I don't have a fetish over control pads, so i don't think about them
> and just carry on with my game.....
>
>
> You are the most retarded person i have met since Techno Freak....

Me Retarded? I got all 7's in my S.A.T.'s!
Fri 30/08/02 at 20:22
Regular
"Festivus!"
Maverick42 wrote:
> I don't think madlads is a retard, gamezfreak. In fact...
>
> MADLADS FOR PRIME MINISTER!
>
> [starts campaign][burns a few X-Boxes]

That's the spirit, X-boxes would cost too much tho, just get a few coffee tables and paint them black, no one will notice the difference
Fri 30/08/02 at 20:24
Regular
Prime Minister? Take it higher, me and Maverick will fly you to America first to take the presidency, but not before you collected your GAD! This is a sure winner.
Fri 30/08/02 at 20:24
Regular
Hes being sarcastic you Incompetant Baboon.

Rofl. SATS, This Just just proves your age and brain size....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.