GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you remember what you were doing when the towers came down?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/08/02 at 23:56
Regular
Can you remember where you were and what you were doing when you heard about it.

I don't mean to be disrespectful or anything.

Everyone is said to be able to remember where they were when kennedy was assassinated.

I was opening a bank account, when I came out mark and lards usual show was just songs and the occasional news update, I couldn't believe what was going on.

That was definitely a land mark in my life. The berlin walls collapse was pale in comparison.

Where were you?
Mon 02/09/02 at 20:02
i had just gotten off the bus, and my mom had an odd look on her face. she told me what had happened. i went to my room and called a friend. she hadn't heard yet, her mom was planning never to tell her... and was hoping she wouldn't find out...
Sun 01/09/02 at 13:40
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
I was playing rugby at school, and then I heard about it on the car radio when a friend gave me a lift home.
Sun 01/09/02 at 11:04
Regular
"¬_¬"
I was at school doing PE and I had to get a letter from the PE office so I did and I heard it on the radio, one of the first people in my school.
Sun 01/09/02 at 11:00
Regular
"Back For Good"
I was at home clearing the table when I saw the Newsflash.
Sun 01/09/02 at 05:49
I was at school when it got hit,i didnt know tilli got home.

At first i didnt know what to think,then when it all sank in i sat down,watched the images again and was horrified at what happend
Sun 01/09/02 at 01:44
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
I remember watching Sky Sports News, when the commentator actually interrupted the football, and said about it. It was then on that red scrolling thing they have on.

So I put Sky News on, and the first plane had crashed in to it. I actually watched the second one live! I was absolutely freaked by that.

My auntie was in the room at that time, and she said the towers would collapse, I didn't see any logical explanation why they would fall...they were tall, strong structures for christs sake!

All that day, I was just watching countless news streams, on all the different channels. I taped some of it, and went to bed with it on my TV.

(In short, I remember EXACTLY what I was doing when it happened, sitting on the chair, with the curtains closed, cos it was a really hot day that day.)
Sun 01/09/02 at 00:53
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
I remember just gettin out of the bath to be told by my mum who had just got back from work that she had heard something horrible on the radio, so i quickly got ready when downstairs and put the tv on.

It was the most shocking thing ive ever seen in my whole entire life and something that i will remember for the rest of my life.
Sun 01/09/02 at 00:44
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I was walking home from school with my mates when my dad pulled up in the car, told me to jump in so I did.

He told me about it and had the radio on and stuff.

I hadnt a clue what was going on because I didnt know what the towers were and stuff.

He took me home and I watched the news for ages. Seeing the same stuff repeated over and over again.

It was only 2 days after my birthday too.

Sad day.
Sun 01/09/02 at 00:39
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
I was preparing for my Wedding on the 14th. had spent the day in Reading with the wofe buying the last few bits for the day and when we returned hom, we switched on the TV and the first thing i saw was the first news report... Still a bizzarre image, even now!
Sun 01/09/02 at 00:11
i was at school learning something in modern studies, when the teacher got a text about it. felt a bit weird at first cos we were doing wars in class, and you automatically think there will be a war.

one or two scary things, my cousins boyfriend worked in the world trade center but he called in sick. when i heard that i was pretty shocked, but also recently they said that as soon as the towers went down, people were planning to fly planes into houses of parliament, and my next door neighbour was flying home from london that day ( to glasgow ). makes you think doesnt it, any thing could have happened that day.

and now they say that osama bin laden has gathered up 200 million quid of forces or something, and he could be planning another attack. worrying.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.