GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I got a Dreamcast"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/08/02 at 21:22
Regular
Woohoo, my lifelong ambition of owning a Dreamcast (not) has been fulfilled today, since I bought one.

True story:

Went into town today with absolutely no intention of buying a Dreamcast. While looking in Game, I saw they had pre-owned Dreamcasts for £30.

Anyway, being the cheap person that I am, I asked the guy if I could have it for £20. After a lengthy wait (the guy went out the back, probably to ring somebody :D), the guy said that was okay. so, using the £25 I had in my wallet, I bought the Dreamcast and a VMU. Problem was, the VMU was actually £7, so the guy knocked off £2 from the Dreamcast to cater for my monetary problems.

So I got a Dreamcast for £18.

Then, I went to CEX and bought some DC games - Sonic Adventure £5, Chu Chu Rocket £1, Shenmue £12 and Skies of Arcadia £20 (heck, I really wanted it). Funny thing is, I just took more money out my bank account. I could have paid £30 for the Dreamcast, but I liked the 'I'm a poor cheap person' act and got the DC cheaper :).

Woohoo! I'm looking forward to a looong night of Shenmue. What a game :D.
Fri 30/08/02 at 18:43
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Tom.Tracy wrote:
> u dum fvck. why have u bought a dreamcast there shjte.

shhhh be quiet and go back to bed, safe in the knowledge that this is what we think of you :D

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/`...`/´¯¯`•¸
........../`/.../..../......./¨¯\\
........(`(...´...´.... ¯~/`...`)
.........\\.................`...../
..........\\................ _.•´
...........\\...............(
............\\...............\\.....
Fri 30/08/02 at 18:40
Regular
I played on a dreamcast, only once, and the game was crazy taxi.

I must admit that all the problems i heard about the controller werent really as bad as them made out.
Also crazy taxi was good.
Ive seen other games on it too which look good.

And now with them going cheap they are great, i would get one but i am REALLY broke and i cant be bothered to get a job.
Fri 30/08/02 at 18:31
Regular
"¬_¬"
Tom.Tracy wrote:
> u dum fvck. why have u bought a dreamcast there shjte.

Errrm, I bought a Dreamcast because there are loads of good games, and because it was only £18. I tell you one thing, a Dreamcast for £18 is much more worth it than a PSone or PS2 at that price.

Idiot.
Fri 30/08/02 at 17:50
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I was amazing at Darts too, and especially that QTE Boxing game!
I wasn't too good at any of the others though.

I know that the bike one and the QTE games came in handy for later-on in the game, but how could you find that shoot-'em-up any use to you at all??
It wasn't even that great a game either, Alex Kidd would've been much better! Can't believe I wasted 100 Yen playing that game - ONCE! :P

And what about "Are you cold?"
I couldn't stand it when he said that every bloomin's time he saw the cat! And why do some people call him Dyo?? Are they dislexic or something? It's not even an abreviation!

I can't believe what a whinging old git Fuku-san was for someone studying Martial Arts! Mummy's boy - that's why he was home so much.
He's not related to Ryo is he? So what the heck is he doing living with his familly??
Fri 30/08/02 at 17:47
Fri 30/08/02 at 16:32
Regular
Ahhh that was a joyful three hours of Skies of Arcadia, but the graphics really look old on the Dreamcast now. I played MDK2 as well, excellant game, you should get that too.
Fri 30/08/02 at 14:22
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Headhunter is a good game.
Remember that giant naked guy who chases you around? That's quite disturbing
Fri 30/08/02 at 14:20
Firstly, well done on the buy - £18 for a Dreamcast is pretty good really, although you should've bought it ages ago - you've been missing out on a great gaming experience (I've had mine for 1 year, 9 months). Some good guys, but you could've probably got Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia cheaper elsewhere. That said, they're still superb games, and well worth every penny. Shenmue does get a little tiresome once you get near the end of disc 2, as it's not really a challenge to complete. You'll complete it in a week of solid playing. Hell, I got half-way-through disc 2 in 3 days. I also suggest getting the amazing Headhunter (which won't appeal to all people, with the camera angles and obscure aming system) and Confidential Mission, a great game if you have two guns. I found Spiderman to also be a good game, even though it wasn't really highlighted upon. Enjoy it mate!
Fri 30/08/02 at 14:12
Regular
Look for the pink ball things that tell you where to go next.
Fri 30/08/02 at 14:09
Regular
"¬_¬"
I love my Dreamcast. I'm stuck on Sonic though! I have 6 emblems, and I've done the first two levels, but I don't know where to go. Help me. I may seem like an imbecile to you... because I am.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.