GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Getaway to big a game for Gamecube."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/08/02 at 14:19
Regular
I for one can't wait to see if the Getaway can come up with the kind of gameplay and graphics that it reputes to have. Having seen the screenshots signs are very encouraging.

The thing is a friend of mine asked if there was going to be a GC version. A Gamecube disc would not be able to store 1 square mile of London let alone 20miles, so sorry mate you stick to your kiddie titles like Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon.
Sat 31/08/02 at 09:29
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
gamezfreak wrote:
> I swear i heard from somewhere that one developer pushed the GC's hard
> ware between 15 million - 20 million.
>
> This topic has been going on for too long.

i think that was EA that said that , i read it somewhere that they had easily got 15 million out of it will al the special things added etc. Whats a few million polygons going to do the graphics anyway , when you look at the standards of games with say 12million (i dont know what they are , but most probably run at this) then you dont need more polygons, you might aswell use the extra space to make the gameplay better and add extra multiplayer features or something.
Fri 30/08/02 at 20:54
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
*Makes up the all new 'Techno Freak is a moron' song*

Tra la la la la!

Ahem... anyway, ever heard of multiple discs...? How about dual layering? What about the concept of thinking before you type? Ah... didn't think so...
Fri 30/08/02 at 18:42
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> Yeah, I read about Blinx in XBM. Isn't it about a tabby cat?

Yes, Hes a cat that can control time itself.

http://www.xbox.com/uk/blinx/default.htm?cs_catalog=cat%2duk

That gives a few bits of information about the game, and a few movies aswell.
Fri 30/08/02 at 18:29
Regular
Yeah, I read about Blinx in XBM. Isn't it about a tabby cat?
Fri 30/08/02 at 18:09
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> I might wait for PGR 2, as I'm on a tight budget. Hopefully I can
> manage to bag a Gameaday before the end of the year but my top
> priorities are Halo and the Shenmue series.

PGR 2 comes out 2004.

Remember its essential you get Blinx: Timesweeper, that comes out in December.
Fri 30/08/02 at 18:01
Regular
I might wait for PGR 2, as I'm on a tight budget. Hopefully I can manage to bag a Gameaday before the end of the year but my top priorities are Halo and the Shenmue series.
Fri 30/08/02 at 17:53
Regular
Halo 2.

lol ;)

*Drools over Project Gotham Racing*

Thats a phat racing game, the replays are proper realistic. Maverick are you going to get PGR when you get your xbox?
Fri 30/08/02 at 17:50
Regular
I really don't think Dave RJR or Techno Freak know what they're talking about at all. This is a site with all the facts:

http://cube.totalgames.net/features/featuresfull2.epml?
features2.REF=15&newsFormat.REF=9&featureType.REF=1
[minus spaces]

It proves that the X-Box is most powerful, with the GameCube a very close second. The PS2 lags behind by a considerable way. Oh, and can name me a game that betters the graphics of Resident Evil or Project Gotham Racing?

Thought not.
Fri 30/08/02 at 16:42
Regular
I'll agree the PS2 has the most good games, but Gamecube has the most excellent games.
Fri 30/08/02 at 14:43
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
Techno Freak, That is one of the most stupidest thing I've ever heard anyone ever say. '' How could they fit 1 square km on a disk that size'' some thing like that anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.