GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBox Pricecut to £160"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/08/02 at 13:56
Regular
EUROPEAN PRICE REDUCED TO ESTIMATED STREET PRICE OF €249.99/£159.99

Xbox Will Top Even More Gamers’ Christmas Lists With The Best Games, Most

Powerful Graphics, An In-Built Hard Disc, And An Extremely Competitive Price

LONDON, 28th August 2002 – European gamers have even more to be celebrating heading into this Christmas shopping season as Microsoft today announced that the European price of its Xbox video game system will be reduced to an estimated street price of €249.99/£159.99, effective from Friday, 30th August.

“The video games industry is more robust than ever this year, and new consoles and games are expected to dominate Christmas wish lists,” said Sandy Duncan, Vice President, Xbox Europe. “Xbox is extremely well-positioned to be at the top of those lists because it’s the best value. The intense power and gaming experiences consumers get with Xbox is simply unsurpassed.”

Duncan pointed out that only with Xbox this holiday can consumers get a choice of over 200 game titles (with over 300 currently in development) representing the most advanced movie quality graphics, sound effects and music ever experienced on a video game console, plus a built-in hard disc for the most intense gaming experiences and a built-in broadband adapter for instant online gaming with Xbox Live, a new online gaming service launching soon in Europe. “Best value is not just about price,” said Duncan. “It’s price, plus the most advanced hardware features, plus a killer games portfolio all in one package.”
Wed 28/08/02 at 23:30
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
What the F...

Has MS lost all sence of perspective?

If you looks at it, Xbox is stupidly good value but come on, how does this look in the eyes of others? Desperate, being one word I can think of. Xbox launched for £300, now 6 months later it's going down to £160! MS are so wrapped up in matching Sony in every possible respect that they have forgotten to take the view of the man walking down the street?

Why did it go down in price so quickly? He'll say. Its not that XBox is poor, its that stupid price wars are causing it to get a bad image.

This move could push XBox to Number 1, or it'll have severe backlash.

If the PS2 still outsells Xbox then I don't know what the world has come too.
Wed 28/08/02 at 22:14
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well if this ends up happening, its a good time to do it with Christmas on the way. :-)
Wed 28/08/02 at 16:17
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
£160 GRRRRRRRR how dare it get cheaper.

it's getting more and more tempting, that's like one months JSA money so even the unemployed can get one LOL
Wed 28/08/02 at 14:24
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
You won't get nowt.
Wed 28/08/02 at 14:20
Regular
Oh not again! I had enough trouble trying to get the 2 games and extra controller! Damn you Microsoft Customer Services :)
Wed 28/08/02 at 14:00
Regular
Not bad.

Do we get a free game or something? I brought my xbox for £199.99 I demand compensation.
Wed 28/08/02 at 13:56
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
EUROPEAN PRICE REDUCED TO ESTIMATED STREET PRICE OF €249.99/£159.99

Xbox Will Top Even More Gamers’ Christmas Lists With The Best Games, Most

Powerful Graphics, An In-Built Hard Disc, And An Extremely Competitive Price

LONDON, 28th August 2002 – European gamers have even more to be celebrating heading into this Christmas shopping season as Microsoft today announced that the European price of its Xbox video game system will be reduced to an estimated street price of €249.99/£159.99, effective from Friday, 30th August.

“The video games industry is more robust than ever this year, and new consoles and games are expected to dominate Christmas wish lists,” said Sandy Duncan, Vice President, Xbox Europe. “Xbox is extremely well-positioned to be at the top of those lists because it’s the best value. The intense power and gaming experiences consumers get with Xbox is simply unsurpassed.”

Duncan pointed out that only with Xbox this holiday can consumers get a choice of over 200 game titles (with over 300 currently in development) representing the most advanced movie quality graphics, sound effects and music ever experienced on a video game console, plus a built-in hard disc for the most intense gaming experiences and a built-in broadband adapter for instant online gaming with Xbox Live, a new online gaming service launching soon in Europe. “Best value is not just about price,” said Duncan. “It’s price, plus the most advanced hardware features, plus a killer games portfolio all in one package.”

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.