GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBox Pricecut to £160"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/08/02 at 13:56
Regular
EUROPEAN PRICE REDUCED TO ESTIMATED STREET PRICE OF €249.99/£159.99

Xbox Will Top Even More Gamers’ Christmas Lists With The Best Games, Most

Powerful Graphics, An In-Built Hard Disc, And An Extremely Competitive Price

LONDON, 28th August 2002 – European gamers have even more to be celebrating heading into this Christmas shopping season as Microsoft today announced that the European price of its Xbox video game system will be reduced to an estimated street price of €249.99/£159.99, effective from Friday, 30th August.

“The video games industry is more robust than ever this year, and new consoles and games are expected to dominate Christmas wish lists,” said Sandy Duncan, Vice President, Xbox Europe. “Xbox is extremely well-positioned to be at the top of those lists because it’s the best value. The intense power and gaming experiences consumers get with Xbox is simply unsurpassed.”

Duncan pointed out that only with Xbox this holiday can consumers get a choice of over 200 game titles (with over 300 currently in development) representing the most advanced movie quality graphics, sound effects and music ever experienced on a video game console, plus a built-in hard disc for the most intense gaming experiences and a built-in broadband adapter for instant online gaming with Xbox Live, a new online gaming service launching soon in Europe. “Best value is not just about price,” said Duncan. “It’s price, plus the most advanced hardware features, plus a killer games portfolio all in one package.”
Thu 29/08/02 at 01:57
Regular
"gsybe you!"
INCRAYABLE!

*I don't think thats right, but who cares!
Thu 29/08/02 at 01:53
Regular
Yes I am getting one, but as I said I will give it to my mom so that I don't get distracted over the next few months, I am also going to get a load of Xbox and PC games and do the same with them. I was going to get one for my Birthday but I am getting a 5.1 system instead (a good one too), I can't afford too many distractions so I feel this is the best way to do it. I have told you all along that you don't understand where I am coming from, I have only sang the praises of the Xbox in retalliation, but now I have learnt by my mistakes and to ignore people like that in future :D

*Sees Stunned Ninty faces as Garbe talks about getting Cube and uses Smiley at the end of speech*
Thu 29/08/02 at 01:43
Regular
"gsybe you!"
garbe123 wrote:
> I am gonig to get a GameCube with
> Resident Evil and a couple of other games!

WHAT?!

Garbe123 + owning a GC in the same sentence?

AMAZANT!
Thu 29/08/02 at 01:41
Regular
Its strange why you say that, at the moment I have taken up strategy PC games in a big way and I am enjoying them more than ever before, although I still play my Xbox every day I am enjoying games that cost 1 tenth of the price of an Xbox game! I got SWAT 2 for the PC from the Sold Out range, it cost £4.99 and it is a great game that plays better than a lot of the full price games. Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive came through today so I have played that for a lot of the day, great game and a definate purchase for Strategy game fans, it is juts like Commandos just a lot better!

I am looking to get the following games back after I sold them for FIFA 2002 on the PS2 back in November of last year, I wish I never had now and even though I completed all of these I want them back in my collection so that I can enjoy them when ever I want to, the games are:

SWAT 3
Red Alert 2
Shogun Total War
Command and Conquer (haven't previously owned)
Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun (haven't previously owned)
Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines
Heist (Haven't previously owned but due to arrive next week)

With school starting next week though I have got to get my head down for this final 8 months before my GCSE's so what I propose to do is get all these games and give them to my mom, once my final exam has finished then I will get them off my mom! This is what I plan to do when I get a job this October, I am gonig to get a GameCube with Resident Evil and a couple of other games and give it to my mom until next May! It will give me somethings to work towards yet at the same time I aren't being side-tracked from my studies, after all 8 months is all I have left to go over work and practice writing techniques, great course-work marks so far but the exams are next!
Thu 29/08/02 at 01:27
Regular
Yes, it is packed away becasue most of the games are pretty sh!te at the moment. Anything that is decent has been played to death and i'm bored of it. I think I've just grown out of console gaming a bit. Pro Evo (PS2) and champ manager (Pc) are the only games i play these days...

But soon as Mario and Starfox arrive it will be back out :D
Thu 29/08/02 at 01:23
Regular
Is your GameCube really packed away? Or is it just another attempt from a Ninty to do what Boxcar_boy tried to do? I am waiting before a few more very good games to come onto the GameCube because as it stands there isn't one that I want, but by next May there will be about 5 :D I am waiting until then to get one!
Thu 29/08/02 at 01:15
Regular
Hmmmmmm, £160 eh?

Defintely have to consider a purchase at this price...So, price nearly halfed in 6 months...So by my calculations they'll be paying us to take them off thier hands in another 6 months ;)

Although I am running out of places to store all this crap...GameCube is already packed away...
Thu 29/08/02 at 00:42
Regular
I agree, I would argue Xbox for better games but they will argue different, if I was new to the market then I would want a DVD player, internet ready console etc, but when taking another glance at the release list I am nearly fitting again :)

*Takes pills and grabs nearest Wall*
Thu 29/08/02 at 00:34
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
garbe wrote:
> The GameCube has also rumoured to be reducing its price to £100

It'll have to in otder to compete. Bar Nintendo fans I can't understand why someone would pay £130 for a console when for £30 more you can get one with DVD, more power, harddrive, ethernet port.

GAmes is a major factor, but its value that does the talking when casual gamers choose a console.
Thu 29/08/02 at 00:25
Regular
The GameCube has also rumoured to be reducing its price to £100 and the PS2 £169.99 (anyone reading don't get a PS2 I was ripped off)!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.