GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBox Pricecut to £160"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/08/02 at 13:56
Regular
EUROPEAN PRICE REDUCED TO ESTIMATED STREET PRICE OF €249.99/£159.99

Xbox Will Top Even More Gamers’ Christmas Lists With The Best Games, Most

Powerful Graphics, An In-Built Hard Disc, And An Extremely Competitive Price

LONDON, 28th August 2002 – European gamers have even more to be celebrating heading into this Christmas shopping season as Microsoft today announced that the European price of its Xbox video game system will be reduced to an estimated street price of €249.99/£159.99, effective from Friday, 30th August.

“The video games industry is more robust than ever this year, and new consoles and games are expected to dominate Christmas wish lists,” said Sandy Duncan, Vice President, Xbox Europe. “Xbox is extremely well-positioned to be at the top of those lists because it’s the best value. The intense power and gaming experiences consumers get with Xbox is simply unsurpassed.”

Duncan pointed out that only with Xbox this holiday can consumers get a choice of over 200 game titles (with over 300 currently in development) representing the most advanced movie quality graphics, sound effects and music ever experienced on a video game console, plus a built-in hard disc for the most intense gaming experiences and a built-in broadband adapter for instant online gaming with Xbox Live, a new online gaming service launching soon in Europe. “Best value is not just about price,” said Duncan. “It’s price, plus the most advanced hardware features, plus a killer games portfolio all in one package.”
Fri 30/08/02 at 13:35
Regular
I've not avoided it as such.

I've only got so much money and the Gamecube is still my console of choice.
The Xbox does have a fair few things that the GC doesn't offer though (Xbox live for example), so I'm considering getting and Xbox as well, but I don't need one yet.
Fri 30/08/02 at 13:27
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
savatt1668 wrote:
> So could we be looking at another addition to the SR X-Box Live clan ?
> ;-)
> God I can't believe I've posted so much. ;-)) I'm like the homeless
> guy in the corner of the forum that rants at everyone as they come
> through the door. ;-))

what do you mean like you are LMAO

oh no did i say that or think it?

*runs in a very homer style*
Fri 30/08/02 at 13:01
Regular
July 19th 2002, I walked into gamestation, with a bag.
oh and Half life for the PC
A Bag with 12 PSone games and a PSone console,oh and Half life for the PC Traded it all in and got £93 for it. Went to the bank and drawed out £200, and brought the console which i have never regretted buying since, The Xbox.

The Euro X02 event is coming soon, they will most likely announce the Xbox Live release date then, and most likely Xbox Live starter kits will come in Xbox bundles for a bit of extra cash.
Fri 30/08/02 at 03:02
Regular
Strafex, I Was in you situation except I had to sell my PS2 in order to get an Xbox! Like me once you get one you won't understand why you have avoided it from the launch date. I regret ever owning a PS2 and I wish I had have waited to get an Xbox on the launch date instead of 2 weeks after. I lost a lot of money on my PS2 and games collection and I even ended up putting £10 towards getting an Xbox on top of the trade, but I haven't regreted it once! Its pointless me saying "Xbox is the best console I have ever played" because every person has a different opinion, some will argue totally the opposite, but at the end of the day the desicion is all yours and you will have to live with that desicion, in my opinion getting an Xbox is worth every penny and I can guarentee now that you won't regret it once you have played the superb launch line-up and the up and comnig games over the next few months. The only problem is finding the cash for them all :)
Fri 30/08/02 at 00:09
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
So could we be looking at another addition to the SR X-Box Live clan ? ;-)
God I can't believe I've posted so much. ;-)) I'm like the homeless guy in the corner of the forum that rants at everyone as they come through the door. ;-))
Fri 30/08/02 at 00:04
Regular
I'll probably wait until I get broadband and Xbox live is released.

Won't be for a while, but in the meantime, the Gamecube has more than enough offline content to keep me occupied.

Besides, between now and me getting broadband, the price of the Xnox can only go down, not to mention the huge promotional "online bundles" which'll surely come with Xbox live.
Thu 29/08/02 at 16:12
Regular
I say get it Strafex, You'll enjoy all the games and Xbox LIVE.
Thu 29/08/02 at 16:09
Regular
Tempting...

Perhaps if we all boycott it for just a few more months, we could have it down to £100 by Christmas...

If I could get Halo + 4 pads + Xbox for £200 or less, I would.
Still, the only REAL incentives for an Xbox are Xbox LIVE and the 16 player Link ups.

My Gamecube can handle everything else.
Thu 29/08/02 at 15:08
Regular
I'm never going to get a Gamecube, the games don't appeal to me that much, i'm more intrested in the games line up on the Xbox.

8 months until GSCE's, hmmm, I'll have to restrict xbox gaming to an hour a night and maybe two at weekends....
Thu 29/08/02 at 12:39
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
garbe, are you american? You keep saying mom instead of mum.

Anyway, giving all your gaming stuff to your mum is silly in my opinion. I've always found it easy to disapline myself, its importaint you learn for yourself when its the time to play games and its the time to work.

I doubt you'll be working for 8 months straight anyway. Play your Xbox and stuff on saturdays + days off at least.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.