GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube game boxes ..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/08/02 at 12:17
Regular
Have any of you seen the japanese gamecube boxes ?
i was in games arena today gurgling over a japanese copy of mario sunshine (mine will be here in a few days ... yay !) and i noticed how small and neat the box was. It was just the right size for the tiny GC disc and the manual and looked like the japanese GBA boxes. Why can't our boxes be small , that way they wouldn't take up as much room and we could carry more from place to place , like the Jap GBA boxes. I dont mind the big western DVD size boxes , but small ones are just much cooler.
Views ?
Wed 28/08/02 at 20:54
Regular
The triangles, thats what i want to know.

there not just green i seen a red one.
Wed 28/08/02 at 20:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I have to say I like the DVD cases.

I also have to say that the style of the boxes kicks the PS2 and XBoxes badly. That cool curve, and the logo at the top looks so stylish. But what are those green triangles on the spines?
Wed 28/08/02 at 20:40
Regular
PinkPig wrote:
> By the way, did anyone find a use for the "Kit Bag" included
> a couple of issues ago? I can't think of anything to do with it.

Are you on about the black bag with the GC logo on? I wouldn't dare wear that, but i did see a year 7 at school wearing it, I don't know if he got laughed at, but i bet he did.
Wed 28/08/02 at 20:04
"The Will of D."
I actually took it only a cruise for 3 days used it all the time to carry the GBC and GBA around as well as other things
Wed 28/08/02 at 20:01
Regular
I used the bag to put all my controllers from the ps1 and n64.

As for free gifts there has only been one that has made me happy, that cover change thing in that other mag.

I think nom should stop with the free gifts for a month or so and save up money so they can put some thing that is GODD.

I know they wantted the demo discs.

Damn you shigys wont you ever learn. :(
Wed 28/08/02 at 19:46
Regular
Yeah, I put a couple of disks in it, then decided that it was a really bad idea. I think we should complain. Come on, if they're going to bother with a free gift, it ought to be usable without ruining your games.

Hang on, maybe it's a plot to make us buy them again - it IS an official magazine..... grr.... ;-)

By the way, did anyone find a use for the "Kit Bag" included a couple of issues ago? I can't think of anything to do with it.
Wed 28/08/02 at 19:30
Regular
Microchips wrote:
> Hmmm... What about using the wallet given away with this months NOM?

That scratched one of my games.
Wed 28/08/02 at 13:39
Regular
I prefer the dvd boxes.

Now all my pc,xbox and GC boxes look the same and all fit into the dvd holder.

As for the free gift in nom i wouldnt use it, it looks like it would scratch the cd.
Wed 28/08/02 at 13:25
no only about 6
Wed 28/08/02 at 13:23
Regular
"Long time no see!"
What type of Wallet's being given away with NOM??

Is it one of those ones you can fit 20 game discs or so in?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.