GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do Graphics make a difference?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/08/02 at 01:15
Regular
When you sit down in your chair and play your beloved game, you all know that we think about many things whilst we are playing. Now i know i will be called a "shallow" gamer but i think that if you ask yourself honestly then you may find that you agree with what i say.

Everyone goes on about how they don't care about graphics, which i think is wrong, we all look at our games and if they are spectacular then we think wow, like when you see the first cut scene in FFX or the detail on Raiden's face in MGS2.

Now you are all sitting there thinking i don't care about graphics.

Well ask yourself this, if FFX came along looking like FF6, i know that some of you would be put off, but hardcore FF fans would stick to it. Now how many of you have said the graphics on that are "well good!"?

Do not get me wrong, gameplay is very important to me but i have been put off Zelda by the graphics as many people, now i know you are all disagreeing but hey, my opinion and i dislike cel shaded graphics. Zelda will be a great game in it's own but had it have been like the demos shown when the GC was the dolphin (project name) then it would have attracted many more people!

I know that some will agree and others will disagree but i just wanted to get my opinion over.

Sir Auron
Wed 28/08/02 at 18:21
Regular
"$hit happens"
El blokey wrote:
> Of course graphics matter. If horses had sparkling personalities,
> would you do it with one of them?
>
> Thought not.

Who said i wouldn't, no only joking and at least one person who agrees with me!
Wed 28/08/02 at 18:16
Regular
I dont care how many biscuits you give me i aint doing anything you ask. lol joke
Wed 28/08/02 at 18:15
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Of course graphics matter. If horses had sparkling personalities, would you do it with one of them?

Thought not.
Wed 28/08/02 at 18:13
Regular
"$hit happens"
I bet that is not all you do for a biscuit!
lol. joke
Wed 28/08/02 at 18:08
Regular
I just said it for a biscuit.
Wed 28/08/02 at 18:05
Regular
"$hit happens"
So what if i am gay?
what i you point?
Wed 28/08/02 at 15:03
Regular
good boy

****Here have a biscuit****
Wed 28/08/02 at 14:54
Regular
hes camp!!!

*points.

there happy??
Wed 28/08/02 at 14:51
Regular
how dare you change the subject........this thread was dedicated to the camness of sir Auron!
Wed 28/08/02 at 13:23
Regular
Just to say something about the topic.

You can not really say Zelda has bad graphics becuase that is the look nintendo went for.
I see bad graphics as the ones which are trying to look as detailed as possible but come out with no detail at all.

Graphics mean a lot, and i dont think a game will be "best ever" with bad graphics but that doesnt mean it wont be good.

Graphics mean the diffrence between Amazing and very good.

I think the zelda graphics are good becuase thats the look nintendo want, if they want realism then yeah there bed but it isnt meant to be.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.