GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I Hate Nintendo"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/08/02 at 18:22
Regular
I hate Nintendo, Same as I hate Microsoft and Sony.

They are all just money hungry industries, who don't care about customers, just money.

But they release brilliant consoles, and that’s what you should all think when it comes to choosing a console. Put it this way

If the Gamecube was made by a totally different company to Nintendo, would you but it? Or is it because of its brand logo that sells you the console?

It’s the same with sports clothes, No logo/brand name but it looks nice would you buy it?

If the 3 consoles were just named Gamecube, Xbox and PS2 instead of Nintendo Gamecube, Microsoft Xbox and Sony Playstation 2 would you buy it?

Its the brand logo that seems to sell, That’s why I hate Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony they sell their consoles with a massive printed all over it.

When you decided on buying the console of your choice, did you *first*

a) Want it because it was made by

Or

b) Because of the Games line up

That’s what people look at first, then the line up of games.

Money Hungry Industries demanding cash are all the companies want.

Nintendo aren’t brilliant with customer service, neither is Microsoft or Sony.

I don't know why I wrote this but hey.

Thanks for reading

Gamezfreak.
Tue 27/08/02 at 22:03
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> Hmmm.
>
> But say nintendo never exsisted at all, games such as Mario and what
> were made by different developers, would you get it then?

Well if it had been a different company that had come up with the likes of Mario and Zelda then they'd be everything that Nintendo is - only with a different name.

Basically, I knew I wanted the Gamecube before it had even been named, let alone seen it's titles.

Why?

Not simply because it was Nintendo brand.
I'd played many Nintendo (and Rare) games and wanted more of their games.
Basically, Nintendo have earnt a reputation for making good original games, and that's the sort of games I wanted from a next-gen machine.

Although they are mainly in it for the money, they take great pride in making the most innoative, playable and lasting games around.
Although the business side is run by corporate geezers, the games making department is run by artists and visionaries.

This allows them to be more creative than most companies and it shows in their games.

If you'd shown Pikmin to an EA guy, he'd have shook his head and asked "who in the world will buy that?".

So yes, although Nintendo are in it for the money, like all games designers are, like all music makers are, like more or less anyone who does anything are, they have great pride in their work.

So they shouldn't been hated for it.
Tue 27/08/02 at 21:09
"The Will of D."
It really is, tsk, tsk, tsk.
Tue 27/08/02 at 21:06
Regular
It really is a bit harsh. I think Microsoft and Nintendo are excellent companies and you hate them because they take credit for what they make?

That's a poor reason.
Tue 27/08/02 at 21:02
Regular
goku4ever wrote:
> If you hate Microsoft you also hate the XBOX, and so do I.

If you actually read the original post i said i hate the companys that made the consoles, but I love the consoles itself.

Maybe i hate the Gamecube but i don't go on the forums telling everybody about it, although i don't actually hate the Gamecube anyway.
Tue 27/08/02 at 21:01
"The Will of D."
I would also like to point out to you gamezfreak that you wouldn't be able to chat with us about all your problems if you hated and never wanted all microsoft products. The computer your using is probably made by microsoft as well.
Tue 27/08/02 at 20:59
"The Will of D."
If you hate Microsoft you also hate the XBOX, and so do I.
Tue 27/08/02 at 20:57
Regular
Bah.

Like i say i hate Nintendo.

I hate Microsoft and Sony aswell for the same reasons.
Tue 27/08/02 at 20:53
"The Will of D."
Yes don't forget that Nintendo was even willing to reduce the price of the GameCube a few days before the european launch just to be even more popular.
Tue 27/08/02 at 20:50
Regular
Well, all I'm saying is Nintendo consider customers a lot more than other companies, in fact, I think they do put customers first. They've got a brilliant take on video games in terms of innovation and originality and spend so much time over their games, bringing them out at £10 less than other consoles'.
Tue 27/08/02 at 20:50
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Ah yeah, I was gonna say about branding in clothing and games...

Well, branding in clothes is just because a lot of people will buy what is popular, and if one brand is seen as 'better' (ie. more in fashion) than another they'll be willing to pay more. Despite the fact that when it comes down to it, all the shirts etc. are pretty much the same generic product, but with a different logo plonked on the top so the company can charge more.

Basically, in clothes they are sold based on people's perceptions of them. FCUK has sold tons because they are the latest fashion brand and to be cool you gotta have a shirt advertising FCUK to more herds of people who are also potential customers.

Not quite the same in games though, because a companies games are not just the same generic game with a different logo/style plonked over the top. Granted this can be said of some games that all seem the same (there are many Mario clones for example that are interchangable...) but most good games are different to each other in more than just appearance. Because games are not generic, companies can build up a proper reputation rather than a so-called 'reputation' that is based on what is supposedly cool and not (as in clothes). Basically, good games don't go 'out of vogue'. A good game may be surpassed, but it will remain a good game. I don't think American teens go around saying "oh, that game is like, sooooo last week!" or anything is what I'm trying to get across. Hope that made sense to someone...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.