GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've finished TOCA !"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/08/02 at 09:27
Regular
Well almost, I completed the Lola World Championship (on my first go) in the early hours of this morning. I had a total of 7.35 million in prize money. If you have over 8 million you go onto 2 extra bonus leagues (Elite A & B, I think).
After the Lola Championship, you do get the chance to go back to any tier and race in series you haven't taken part in or want to improve your score/prize money on.
I will have to do a few more races tonight to pass the 8 million mark and unlock the extra championships.
Cannot wait !
My overall opinion is that it is a great game, shame about the pop-up, I just get the feeling it was rushed to meet a deadline.
Great game and one I will keep coming back to, but GT3 is still the King.
Wed 28/08/02 at 14:02
Regular
"" I like your Gun""
Guyzer Dark hero.....Mark?
Wed 28/08/02 at 13:00
I finished Toca on monday including the elite leagues and winning the cars
Wed 28/08/02 at 09:22
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
In defense of F1 2002 (although I am one of it's harsher critics) the frame rate is rock solid (although locked at 30fps) in quick race setting. Which is still one lap longer than the majority of Toca races. It's only when you put it to a full length race with tyre wear, damage, fuel consumption etc that the frame rate goes bad, and even then it's only at the start of the race when all the cars are bunched up together.

But as I like to play full length races I returned F1 2002 as well. It's still better than Toca.
Wed 28/08/02 at 08:52
Regular
"  "
Fuzzy wrote:
> Na†ßu© wrote:
> >The races are a lot more harder.
>
> Does that make sense? ;)

Does it not? :S :)
Wed 28/08/02 at 08:06
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Got to the 8 million in prize money mark, and have now unlcoked Elite A & B championships, will give 'em a go tonight.
Tue 27/08/02 at 17:48
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Na†ßu© wrote:
>The races are a lot more harder.

Does that make sense? ;)
Tue 27/08/02 at 17:20
Regular
"  "
Darwock wrote:
F1 2002 is gorgeous and has working wing
> mirrors in both the cockpit and overhead views, plus not a trace of
> pop-up.

Hah! Thats terrible. The frame rate is constantly slow and slows down terribly when mass mayhem happens. And it doesn't have good AI taking up memory.
Tue 27/08/02 at 16:58
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I have noticed "flickering objects" even when stationery on the grid - one of the grandstands at one of the circuits flickered until the lights went green.
Tue 27/08/02 at 16:54
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Darwock wrote:
> Unless Codemaster's had a staff crisis I still reckon it's a Microsoft
> bribe! I wrote a bad review for the special reserve link and it has
> disappeared. Big Brother is watching us...

My god, trust no one, they'll be after you.

Really the only thing I found wrong was the occasional pop-up, but I'm not as shallow as to put something as trivila as that ahead of the game-play, which in this game is awesome.
Tue 27/08/02 at 16:20
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
>the PS2 has trouble with textures and the sponsors on cars take up alot
>of memory

Sorry but those are just poor excuses. Even excluding GT3 there are still dozens of PS2 racers that achieved much more in terms of graphics and presentation. F1 2002 is gorgeous and has working wing mirrors in both the cockpit and overhead views, plus not a trace of pop-up.

What really shocked me is the way the forests were flashing on and off - I mean, how bad must the programming be? The car was moving forwards so why was something in front of me (and getting closer) suddenly invisible??? Obviously I didn't get very deep into the game before I lost patience with it, but from reading the official forum it sounds like there are lots of other bugs related to AI and collisions.

Unless Codemaster's had a staff crisis I still reckon it's a Microsoft bribe! I wrote a bad review for the special reserve link and it has disappeared. Big Brother is watching us...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.