GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've finished TOCA !"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/08/02 at 09:27
Regular
Well almost, I completed the Lola World Championship (on my first go) in the early hours of this morning. I had a total of 7.35 million in prize money. If you have over 8 million you go onto 2 extra bonus leagues (Elite A & B, I think).
After the Lola Championship, you do get the chance to go back to any tier and race in series you haven't taken part in or want to improve your score/prize money on.
I will have to do a few more races tonight to pass the 8 million mark and unlock the extra championships.
Cannot wait !
My overall opinion is that it is a great game, shame about the pop-up, I just get the feeling it was rushed to meet a deadline.
Great game and one I will keep coming back to, but GT3 is still the King.
Tue 27/08/02 at 09:27
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Well almost, I completed the Lola World Championship (on my first go) in the early hours of this morning. I had a total of 7.35 million in prize money. If you have over 8 million you go onto 2 extra bonus leagues (Elite A & B, I think).
After the Lola Championship, you do get the chance to go back to any tier and race in series you haven't taken part in or want to improve your score/prize money on.
I will have to do a few more races tonight to pass the 8 million mark and unlock the extra championships.
Cannot wait !
My overall opinion is that it is a great game, shame about the pop-up, I just get the feeling it was rushed to meet a deadline.
Great game and one I will keep coming back to, but GT3 is still the King.
Tue 27/08/02 at 10:05
Regular
"  "
I have decided to use the SIM handling now. Before I used damage but I didn't use the SIM handling as I thought the competitiors would have the edge, but it seems that they slow down mopre than necesary so i'm going to use the code so I match their performance. :) I just tottaly battered a Supra. I was on Rockingham and I flipped and rolled 4 times and all the wheels flew off except one (which had no tire) and I scraped along the ground and ripped my whole front end off. Super. :)
Tue 27/08/02 at 11:35
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
The Supra's are crap cars really (in the game anyway). Far too much power being fed to those back wheels. Wheelspin ahoy!
Tue 27/08/02 at 11:37
Regular
The Dodge Chaser is a beetch to control.

And Gran Turismo sucks.
Compared to Toca, compared to bloody Peter Pan, GT sucks.
Tue 27/08/02 at 12:57
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I liked the Supra, like you say though, too much power going through rear wheels, the second race in the Lola Championship is in the rain and the Supra wheelspins in 1st, 2nd and 3rd!
Slowdown was so bad during a crash in this race that even the clock flickered !!!!
Tue 27/08/02 at 13:43
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I don't know how you can all accept it. Just look at the state of the rear view mirror in the in car view. Would you honestly expect that from a PS2 game? The X-box guys are gonna rip you apart if you settle for such low quality.

On another forum a guy said he was sitting playing Toca and his wife came in and said "I thought you bought a PS2 game today?" to which he replied he had, and she said "Looks just like one of those old games you used to play". Anyway I like simulations, and when the car is fishtailing at nearly 90 degrees but still won't go into a spin then the game is an instant write off in my eyes.
Tue 27/08/02 at 13:46
Regular
"  "
Darwock,

a) Have you seen the Xbox version? No, as no shots have been released for it.

b) At first I thought the handling was a bit simple but type in SIM in bonus and it is so much better. The races are a lot more harder.
Tue 27/08/02 at 14:04
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I really enjoy the game but do feel the PS2 version was rushed - we have been the gunea pigs this time, Xbox and PC versions may be better (and released later in the year) but hey we still have GT3, Xbox and PC owners will never get or be able to beat that !
Tue 27/08/02 at 14:16
Regular
"  "
I have to disagree about it being rushed. For a start the game was set to be released ages ago in february when it was then put back to July. Then Codemasters realised their game could be better and put the date back again so they could iron out the problems.

I think the main problem with the graphics is because (If you read Playnation you will know this :)) the PS2 has trouble with textures and the sponsors on cars take up alot of memory. Also add to the fact the game has lots of cars and ace AI and great damage, it's a wonder Codemasters got the game to run on the PS2 at all. I wouldn't expect the XBox version to be miles ahead neither. When both consoles are pushed to the max the XBox is only marginally better. If you want to see TOCA's full potential spend 2 grand on a top spec PC and put up with umcomfy chair, crap controller, and pin hole size screens. The joys of PC gaming :D
Tue 27/08/02 at 14:21
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Na†ßu© wrote:
> If you want to
> see TOCA's full potential spend 2 grand on a top spec PC and put up
> with umcomfy chair, crap controller, and pin hole size screens. The
> joys of PC gaming :D

Or if like me you spend under £1000 on a PC, with a nice comfy chair, great control set up, a surround sound speaker system, a massive screen and the ability to upgrade the computer to what ever spec you want, and you have a great set up for an awesome games playing machine.

A bit crap at racing games though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.