GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Machie's CHARITY NIGHT QUIZ - Thursday 14th - WIN an EXTRA GAMEADAY PRIZE of £30"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/09/06 at 17:07
Regular
[U]Machie's Charity Night QUIZ[/U]

Date : Thursday 14th September
Time : 7PM

This Thursday you are invited to take part in my Charity Night QUIZ. Thanks to Freeola we have an EXTRA GAMEADAY worth £30 for you to win.

The QUIZ will be made up of 60 questions and split into two halves. The first 30 questions will be based on General Knowledge. The second half will be made up of questions from three categories. These are, Video Games, Movies & Television and Sports.

How To Play
If you would like to play, please be sure to turn up before the quiz starts. If you do arrive late, that is unfortunate but please feel free to join in anyway.

Shortly before the quiz begins, I will create 2 threads. One of them I will be using to post all the questions. The other, is for you to post all your answers.

You can only make one answer in each post. As soon as you see the next question, post your answer as fast as possible. Even if someone has already answered it, post it anyway as you'll still earn points.

Each correct answer will earn you 1 point. If you are the first person to answer correctly then you will receive 2 points. However there is a time limit of 1 minute for your answer to be accepted.

New questions will be posted every minute so be sure to keep refreshing your browser until the next question appears. After the first half is finished, there will be a short break and then we will continue with the second half.

The results and the winner, will be announced as soon as possible after the quiz has finished.

Who Can Play
Anyone. As long as you have registered, you are free to take part in the quiz.

Rules
- You are not allowed to edit your answers, so do not worry if you make a spelling mistake.

- Unfortunately Staffies are not allowed to take part in this competition.
Tue 12/09/06 at 15:57
Regular
"8==="
Sounds very reasonable.

I should be able to make it.

Plenty of Xbox and Nintendo questions please and no obscure anime ones! ;D
Tue 12/09/06 at 15:53
Regular
Thanks hippyman :D I hope you'll be able to pop in on the day. Oh and good luck with your charity fundraising too :)

Yes that's right Hedfix, I don't want to take up too much of peoples time. So hopefully get it all done in an hour.
Tue 12/09/06 at 15:51
Regular
"8==="
Machie wrote:
> Either 7 or 8 I think, whichever will get the most people :)
> Should only take a few minutes past an hour to do.

So it'll be a question every minute then?
Tue 12/09/06 at 15:25
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
If I can get online, I'll enter. Good luck on the charity night if I'm not there, it's a cause that is quite close to home at the moment with my great uncle who's ill.

You've inspired me to do a charity thing in my local area, so thank-you :D
Tue 12/09/06 at 08:53
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Machie wrote:
> Either 7 or 8 I think, whichever will get the most people :)
> Should only take a few minutes past an hour to do.

Whats times Eastenders on? :D

Nah doesn't matter really I can watch it on the TV next to the computer anyway.
Tue 12/09/06 at 08:50
Regular
Either 7 or 8 I think, whichever will get the most people :) Should only take a few minutes past an hour to do.
Tue 12/09/06 at 08:47
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Chaos wrote:

> But couldn't people, and I not naming names like Snake, just go
> on Google to get the answers?

As there's only 1 minute between questions you'd have to be quick and even then you'd have to get the answer straight away to be in time.

What time is it on 7 or 8? I should be able to make it.
Tue 12/09/06 at 08:15
"possibly impossible"
Well, if I can get here for 7pm then I'll enter...
Tue 12/09/06 at 00:43
Regular
Thanks Chaos :)

Yes I suppose you could, but we're hoping that someone who knows the answer can post it before someone can google it. I shall check my questions with the search engines just to make sure it's not too easy. I will also include many questions that can't be googled.
Mon 11/09/06 at 23:27
Regular
"Mooching around"
Heck, I'll give it a go.

But couldn't people, and I not naming names like Snake, just go on Google to get the answers?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.